Phil's Adventure Tacoma

Jacket

2008 Expedition Trophy Champion
Streakerfreak said:
Well, I recieved my new American Racing Mojave Black Teflons on Friday. Will get them on ASAP of course:wings:

Cool. I love the look of the Mojaves. Just a warning - the teflon doesn't hold up to well to rock rash. Here's my Chamber's after one summer:

CIMG1092.jpg

I bought one of their touch up pens, which does an Ok job at hiding all the scratches.

What are you doing with the steelies?

Jacket said:
Cool. I love the look of the Mojaves. Just a warning - the teflon doesn't hold up to well to rock rash. Here's my Chamber's after one summer:

CIMG1092.jpg

I bought one of their touch up pens, which does an Ok job at hiding all the scratches.

What are you doing with the steelies?

I know, but I am fine with that. I am looking to sell them of course.:)

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Streakerfreak said:
Well, here are some quick pics for everyone, taken with the shops crap camera. I have not put everything together yet, but the basics are there. As soon as I can I will get some decent photographs for everyone.

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

VERY NICE!!!

Post up some pics of the swingout and hinge/lock pics!

There are some things I love about this bumper and some things that could have been designed better. But, I can not complain, I do love this bumper. With a little tweaking I can make it work for me.

Here is a pic of it open.
IMG_6599.jpg

This pic is of the pin that keeps it locked when open. The pin has a very tight fit, but might loosen enough with use. This weekend I need to lube some of these parts up. This rain is already causing rust to form in the pivot point.
IMG_6594.jpg

High Lift mount. Perfect location for me.
IMG_6585.jpg

This is one of the things I am not too happy with in the design. As you can see it is a screw in. Which means it is kind of a pain to open, but it does keeps it very secure which is fantastic. Another problem I have is with the gold pin. It is suppose to hold the handle of the screw latch, but I am not sure I like it that way. Right now I have a ring thing holding it all together.
IMG_6592.jpg

IMG_6584.jpg

I am going to try and find a bar that I can weld into the screw part and transform it into a T so I would not even need the gold pin.

Next is the gas can holder. Unfortunately, it was made for Blitz style cans with the lip. My Wedco does not work with this design. Plus, any size tire over stock is too wide to allow even a Blitz to fit right. As seen in the pic. The Wedco is just for demonstration.
IMG_6601.jpg

Oh well, back into the bed. No big deal.

I had him put an ammo can mount on the other side to my height specs. Again due to wheel size and the bottom of High Lift, the ammo can I had just would not fit right and hid my plate too much. So I ran down to the local army/navy store and bought a smaller one.
IMG_6602.jpg

Overall, Its a great bumper and I will do business with Steve again.

Last edited:
What's next?

I will get my new wheels on the truck by Friday. Then Saturday I will get a light above my plate on... somehow... and find a way to mount the trailer plug onto the bumper. I will also paint the ammo can.

I also need to come up with some storage solutions for my camping and kayaking gear.

Last edited:

p1michaud

Expedition Leader
Rear bumper.

Streakerfreak said:
There are some things I love about this bumper and some things that could have been designed better. But, I can not complain, I do love this bumper. With a little tweaking I can make it work for me.

Thanks for taking the time to post the detailed pictures and commentary to go along with them. I am paying close attention to any rear bumper information that comes up as I head to phase 2 of my build.

Can't wait to see some pictures of the new wheels as well.

Cheers :beer:,
P

Willman

p1michaud said:
Thanks for taking the time to post the detailed pictures and commentary to go along with them. I am paying close attention to any rear bumper information that comes up as I head to phase 2 of my build.

P

Ditto on that one!

Love the swing out!

:)

p1michaud said:

P

If you guys need even more close up pics let me know and I can post up what you want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior