99 4Runner question regarding the cargo area floor

dms1

Explorer
I took the rear seats and cargo area carpet out of my 99 4runner and did not like what I saw. The floor is not flat, it has a nice bow in it running front to back with the deepest spot about 12 inches back from where the back seat hinges bolt to the floor - the dip is about 1" - the best way to describe it is an upside down wing with the front of the wing torwards the front of the vehicle. I know the car was in an rear end accident when I bought it, but the repair invoice indicates they only replaced the back door and did some repairs around the driver side tail light.

Does anyone know if this is normal? Anyone have a pic of their cargo area without the carpet they could post?

On my 85 4Runner the floor is completely flat, so I am guessing this is not normal. I will try to post pictures later tonight as my wife is visiting friends and she has the camera.

Thanks

CYi5

Explorer
cargo_carpet_up.jpg

http://www.4runners.org/writeups/sound/index.html

MtnToys

The floor on my 97 dips down between the wheel wells like you described.
This is the closest picture I have.
IMG_3193.jpg

Last edited:

dms1

Explorer
Thanks for the replies, it is good to know that the floor is supposed to have a curve in it - I just wasent sure if it was correct or not since I knew my 4Runner has been rear ended twice.

This sort of throws a curve into my drawer\sleeping platfom I designed, so now I will need to re think it.

Thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12