JKJenn's M416 Build

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Pa cracked down on trailer registrations after the Route 8 chipper accident that killed a family.
A sad event but it was all the dump truck drivers fault. Now we all get punished for it.

I registered several home made trailers years back and all it required was a police look over, 4 pictures
a weight slip and Penn dot fees. Less than $100.00 and i was good to go.

If all else fails try Maine trailer registration.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Pa cracked down on trailer registrations after the Route 8 chipper accident that killed a family.
A sad event but it was all the dump truck drivers fault. Now we all get punished for it.

I registered several home made trailers years back and all it required was a police look over, 4 pictures
a weight slip and Penn dot fees. Less than $100.00 and i was good to go.

If all else fails try Maine trailer registration.

Now you have to take it for a safety inspection. There is a place close to me. I am assuming if I drive it to the safety inspection station and back I should be OK. Where did you get the weight slip?

klb67

Observer
Contact the inspection station to confirm they will inspect trailers, and ask them about weight certification. One place in Western PA told me I'd leave the trailer with them and they would take it nearby to weigh it as part of the inspection. Another said I had to bring a weight slip.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Contact the inspection station to confirm they will inspect trailers, and ask them about weight certification. One place in Western PA told me I'd leave the trailer with them and they would take it nearby to weigh it as part of the inspection. Another said I had to bring a weight slip.

Thanks - I will be sure to check!

highlandercj-7

Explorer
I ended up getting Spider Trac spacers to stay 5 on 4.5" with my flat trailer. They need the centers machined out to fit over the trailer hubs. I will go with the ones I posted above when I do the JK wheels. I am running TJ wheels on my flat trailer, because I ran into a deal on them. The camper will have stock JK wheels.

JKJenn

Adventurer
I ended up getting Spider Trac spacers to stay 5 on 4.5" with my flat trailer. They need the centers machined out to fit over the trailer hubs. I will go with the ones I posted above when I do the JK wheels. I am running TJ wheels on my flat trailer, because I ran into a deal on them. The camper will have stock JK wheels.

Thanks for posting the link & explanation. I ordered a pair today along with some lug nuts. This site had better prices than any where else I found.

JKJenn

Adventurer
The lid is coming along. My step-father was priming it when I stopped by on Saturday. He is going to fill the gap and paint it for me. - yes, I know, I am fortunate to have someone willing to do this for me. :)

The wheel adapters arrived. Here is a question that will show how little I know about projects. Where can I get the adapters machined out? Do I tell them that I need the center machined out to 4" or do they need the trailer there to make sure it fits?

I hope to have the trailer back home in mid-July and then work on getting it registered in PA :( There are still a few projects I want to get to with it, but we will see how the registration process goes and how much extra cash I have left. Even if I don't get to the water tank/power set up before my fall trip, I think it will be an improvement over over my trip last year in terms of space.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Where can I get the adapters machined out?

My suggestions to check if they could do them.

Call B&R speed shop 4859 Allegheny River Blvd Verona, PA 15147 (412) 247-0970

Drive Line Service Of Pittsburgh 5212 Butler St Pittsburgh, PA 15201 (412) 784-1991

You could also check a local tech school. Forbes Road East in Monroeville.

JKJenn

Adventurer
Trailer lid is getting the final paint coat today. I hope t be out ot pick it up in a couple of weeks and then I will work on the wheels and probably replace or at minimum repack the bearings while I work on getting it registered. I will get a temp from OH to get it home.

Trailer Lid.jpg

Any idea of a ballpark range for getting my wheel adapters machined out so I don't get ripped off? I found a guy who has all the equipment needed at his house.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
What is his quote?

It is a one of item.

If he does a good job and is reasonable, more work could come his way via a reference from you here!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior