A few newbie flippac questions.

Can someone please explain to me the large"nut" on the end of the torsion bar? (see pic below) is this to hold the torsion bar in place once its installed? My flippac did not have one on it when I bought it (used) Is it metal? is does it have the splines that the torsion bar has? looks like it might have a allen head set screw? any help would be appreciated.

Second question.

The torsion bar cover is that a standard aluminum tubing and thats all? where does it attach to?

any help would be greatly appreciated as mine had a broken torsion bar when I bought it and was missing both these parts.

Ursa Minor

I am two thumbs up on your build, hope this helps keep things moving!

Can someone please explain to me the large"nut" on the end of the torsion bar? (see pic below) is this to hold the torsion bar in place once its installed?

- It keeps the bushing in place inside the hinge arm, usually it's plastic with a set screw and splined, but a shaft collar can perform the same function.

The torsion bar cover is that a standard aluminum tubing and thats all? where does it attach to?

- Yes, it just sits on the bar, it is usually cut to size between the arms. At the spline ends it's a pretty snug fit, but some have a bit of RTV in there just to stop the rattle. Depends on the wall thickness of the tubing you go with. There's a thread on here showing a bar being replaced with some detailed photos and the assembly process.

Cheers, - John

I am two thumbs up on your build, hope this helps keep things moving!

- It keeps the bushing in place inside the hinge arm, usually it's plastic with a set screw and splined, but a shaft collar can perform the same function.

- Yes, it just sits on the bar, it is usually cut to size between the arms. At the spline ends it's a pretty snug fit, but some have a bit of RTV in there just to stop the rattle. Depends on the wall thickness of the tubing you go with. There's a thread on here showing a bar being replaced with some detailed photos and the assembly process.

Cheers, - John

Wow perfect answers! Just what I wanted to here.

Thanks for the help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman