A Great Way to MAKE A DIFFERENCE on your next trip...

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Hi There,

Some of you have already heard about our new charity called "The Muskoka Foundation" ...but in case you haven't, we are a non-profit group dedicated to working with Overland Travelers.

We have created programs and partnerships that allow you to "Use what you know, to do good as you go."

Essentially, we'll work with you to look at your travel Route, and find appropriate villages where we have a relationship with a school, orphanage, microfinance organization, etc - that would love for you to volunteer a little bit of your travel time to make a difference.

We already have villages being set-up in the South West USA (Native reservations), Mexico, South America, Africa (Rwanda, Zambia & Tanzania) and Asia (India, Cambodia, Thailand & Malaysia)

I've just launched a slideshow about what we do, and how you can participate. PLEASE, take the time to click on the image below and let us know what you think!

From my own personal travel experience, I have found our trips to be 100 times more incredible, when we took the time to build meaningful relationships in the communities we visited. This is a great way to do that.

Thank you to all the ExPo members who have already signed up as "travelers" for future trips!

Cheers,
Jay.
www.TheMuskokaFoundation.org

Watch our new Intro Slideshow here.

stevenmd

Expedition Leader
Way cool! I always thought it would be a neat idea to put our knowledge and collective travels to use for the greater good of mankind. Our Land Rover club (NCLR) might be up for something like this.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Come again?!!

Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback, we're really excited about the interest it's been generating.

BTW, we just realized that something screwy was going on with our website (one of the risks of building it yourself!) and I think we last several of the "Get Involved" form submissions.

If you tried to contact us and never heard back, that's why... SORRY!

PLEASE visit us again at:

http://www.TheMuskokaFoundation.org

Thanks!
Jay.

jayshapiro

Adventurer
Villages wanted!

Hi there,

Just a quick bump, and to say that we have a new presentation oriented towards the villages / schools / orphanages / NGO's that might be interested in having overland travelers volunteer some of their time with them.

If you have a personal connection with a teacher, program leader, native elder, etc. Please direct them to our slideshow:

muskokapartners.jpg

www.themuskokafoundation.org/new-partners

Thanks so much for your interest,
Jay.

PS - Don't forget there is also our Expedition Traveler slideshow available here:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior