A recent expereince with my Autohome Maggolina Extreme and Alu-box container.

The Raven

Just thought I would do a quick write up of how rugged the autohome tents are. I currently have the Autohome Maggolina Extreme Small mounted to my Prinsu rack on my 1996 Landcruiser. The Maggi Extreme has a small roof rack so decided to install an Alu-box 74l box up there as it fits perfectly in the recess. This everything, the vehicle is just shy of 8' tall.

Recently I was in PA, and while driving, I found my front driver's side caliper was sticking. Not having the means to replace it myself being on the road now I found a local wrench who could do the repair for me. All seemed well. A few hours later I got a call, and he said he hit the aluminum box on the roof on his garage door and destroyed his door. He said he did not inspect my box. Figuring the worst, dented $350 box, cracked $4000 tent and possibly more, I went over. He did destroy his door alright, he bent it right up and ripped the motor and track right off the ceiling. The box, however, had a scuff and was virtually not deformed at all, only a slight tweak. The tent had a small scuff from where the door came down on it, but no cracks or damage. The rack had gouged into the rain channels some but not too bad.

In all, considering the $1000+ of damage he did to his garage I did not make a big deal of or the few scuffs. I was very impressed with the box and tent's ruggedness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior