A Weekend Looping West of Wickenburg, Az

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Well I am happy to report that Disabled Explorers has completed it's first of many Adventures & Trail Guides for the Arizona area.

Have you ever wondered what you would get if you left work Friday at noon, passed through 2 ghost towns, 3 cemeteries, 3 ½ river crossings, 2 WWII tanks, 1 bald eagle, 1 frog who can’t swim, and 1 solar observatory, well you would have a great time on a looping route west of Wickenburg.

Read more about it at.....
http://disabledexplorers.com/id15.html

If anyone is interested in going to this area I would like to return with a couple of rigs to do more exploration of the 4wd trails and mines.

And please know we are new at this so all thoughts are welcome!

LandCruiserPhil

Expedition Leader
Lance if you go back to this area check out Kaiser Hot Springs. A 99 degree natural hot spring that with a 4wd off hwy 93 you can get very close leaving you with just a short hike to the springs. There is also a 50' waterfall in the area (Sandy river)that I have look for several times over the years and have yet to find, so keep you eyes pealed. I moto'd in the back by to Aguila a couple weeks ago a scenic remote area for sure.

Last edited:

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
Hey Phil thanks for both tips....
I am going back to this area for sure since there seems tons more to see. But I want to go with another rig so I can explorer a bit more safely.
I will search the maps for the falls and the hot springs really sounds cool.

crawler#976

Expedition Leader
Good stuff Lance!

I really enjoy that area this time of year. Think what it must have been like for the Army Recruits stationed there in the WWII era!

One of these days I'm gonna head north from Bouse to Kingman...

Mark

flyingwil

Supporting Sponsor - Sierra Expeditions
1leglance said:
If anyone is interested in going to this area I would like to return with a couple of rigs to do more exploration of the 4wd trails and mines.

And please know we are new at this so all thoughts are welcome!

Looks great man next time you head out there let me know...

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
1leglance said:
Hey Phil thanks for both tips....
I am going back to this area for sure since there seems tons more to see. But I want to go with another rig so I can explorer a bit more safely.
I will search the maps for the falls and the hot springs really sounds cool.

The 4runner should be healthy by next weekend. I'd enjoy taggin along next time you head out. I've done some searching around out there before. Plus, we can take a dirt road back to town that loops around the outskirts of the Toyota Testing facility! :safari-rig: :sombrero:

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
Miss R2FJ said:
I think our next open weekend isn't going to be until May! :eek:

Oh no! I hope you guys have some fun planned in there!! :victory:

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
We do...Cali this weekend, oh, actually I think we are open next weekend....then Vegas baby, up to Ash Fork with Crawler after that, a different club meeting the following weekend and then Sedonafest!

We are booked, but thats what life is all about!

RHINO

Expedition Leader
holy crap lance i was out there last w/e !!! i'll be family easter camping this w/e out there and i am planning a few more trips out in the near future, count me in wing leader.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12