About to buy FJC 2008 Trail Team Edition

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Redline said:
My wife isn't thrilled when I want to buy a new truck every few years, but she thinks it’s a better obsession than shopping for a girlfriend ☺

Or bar hopping, gambling and a lot of other things. There's a lot to be said for garage time.

If the truth were known, I tried hard to talk him out of an FJ TT. I showed him Jk's and Tacoma's and a few bitchen D90's. In the end he bought what he wanted. He got a new vehicle made by a great company with a warranty. The platform enjoys a huge aftermarket support (From aux. fuel tanks to superchargers and long travel suspension kits) and is actually fun to drive. At one point during his test drive, I told him "Look you know how I feel about these thing's. With that being said if you get one, this is the one to get."

However the more I'm in it, the more I like it. There's a previous post about parking in a crowded lot. I did experience that on friday. We did have to back out of the space to allow the back seat passenger to enter the FJ. Although, the driver next to us did park rather close to us. Like on the line.

Last edited:

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
Mileage Update

The gas light came on today while I was driving so I was able to document the mileage.

Here goes; Stock TT Edition with the exception of an ARB roofrack. The ARB rack was ordered with the mesh floor in addition to the crossbar braces. The odometer registered 300.7 miles on the tank. I put in 16.28 gallons for an average of 18.47 mpg mixed driving. Not too bad.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I was kind of bit by the FJ bug a while back until I test drove a TTE FJC (something about white 'Yotas I love). I have had an '89 XtraCab, '91 4Runner and currently a '04 Taco. The poor visibility and the distance to the windshield were what I didn't like. Otherwise, it was nice but in the end I hated losing the utility of my pickup.

My wife wasn't crazy about me getting a new vehicle either.:REOutShootinghunter

Redline

Likes to Drive and Ride
Not too bad is an understatement!

Was the roof rack on for the whole tank?

Need to check the accuracy of the odometer. Even if the odometer is 2% optimistic, miles would have been 294.686/16.28 = 18.10-MPG.
18-MPG in mixed driving tells me he better not modify it... oh yeah, too late :)

I think that stock V6 and a 2WD mode (I wish I had one) is pretty impressive.

When your rig is back on the road (soon) the three of us will have to take that FJC out and get it dirty, maybe even engage the rear locker ☺

24HOURSOFNEVADA said:
The gas light came on today while I was driving so I was able to document the mileage.

Here goes; Stock TT Edition with the exception of an ARB roofrack. The ARB rack was ordered with the mesh floor in addition to the crossbar braces. The odometer registered 300.7 miles on the tank. I put in 16.28 gallons for an average of 18.47 mpg mixed driving. Not too bad.

ArmyTaco

Observer
Hyy I dont know where you are located but I have a 2007 Black Diamond 6spd for sale. Only 25,XXX miles It has alot of extras on it sush as bumpers, skids, etc. I am about to post in for sale so check it out if you are interested.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
ArmyTaco said:
Hyy I dont know where you are located but I have a 2007 Black Diamond 6spd for sale. Only 25,XXX miles It has alot of extras on it sush as bumpers, skids, etc. I am about to post in for sale so check it out if you are interested.

I saw your truck it is awesome. Why are you selling? Where did you score the rear storage and sleeping deck?

ArmyTaco

Observer
The rear deck was custom built. Ill dig around for it and see if I cant find the FJ that gave me the idea. I am selling because I drive 500 miles a week and dont want to put the miles on the FJ and dont make enough money on with my Army Pay checks to be able to afford it being a single E-4. I hate to sell it but I need a car. I have an 85 PU that I am going to be building after I sell it though.

Reata Rover

Adventurer
Thanks again for all of the sage advice. I have run the numbers, haggled with the dealer, abd come to the conclusion that I am going to keep the rover for 4 more years. By then, she will be paid off in 2 years, I will save about $12,000 if I continue my payment after it is paid off, in 4 years there may be an FJ Diesel Hybrid or at least a diesel.

Thank you all again, I am sure you will continue to hear from me, as I truly am crazy about the FJ TRD, and will definitely own one some day.

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I still like too even though I decided against getting one. I think the big thing with me was the problems guys were having with the body separation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman