AC for RTT

JCDriller

Adventurer
Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

I see you also have a CVT Summit Series. I should fit the annex on mine and try to fold it all up. I didn't think it would fit without using a backhoe to press the lid down or be an origami master. lol

It's really, really easy. Leave the side (drivers on mine) annex door open and rolled up so the ladder can stick through it while you fold the tent up. Once the tent is closed and all the air is out, stuff the sides in a fold the side (passengers on mine) on top. Then I climb ontop of the whole thing and close my ladder. After the ladder is closed I pull the annex with floor ontop of the tent and just try to evenly distribute it across the folded tent. I don't worry about any of the small velcro tie downs. Just pull the cover over, zip it up then use the 4 beefy straps to compress and relieve any tension from the zipper. It really is very simple and makes set up super fast. I even leave a large tarp on top of the tent & annex along with a huge 2 man (well 1 man, 1 woman) sleeping bag and 3 pillows and 2 blankets inside the tent.

Here's my temp ac setup from last weekend. Tent easily got into the mid 60's after an hour or so of running. It's an old 5k btu unit my dad had. I plan to build a shroud this weekend and plumb the feed and return tubes through the side flaps. Sure as heck made our humid upper 80's low 90's temps a lot more tolerable, especially with our 2.5 year old.
View attachment 452023

My son is the same age and he's a freaking hotbox. He's why I have the AC unit, but now my wife and I are spoiled too. I just ordered a Honda EU2200 so I can run it off grid. Only took one weekend camping with the AC for my wife to ask me to buy the generator. :)

Silverback07

Adventurer
Ahh.. I tried to stuff mine inside the tent as it came from CVT and it was a super no-go. That sounds soooo much simpler. Thank you!!!

PCO6

Adventurer
You guys are over thinking this (lol). You could probably make this in less than an hour ... which would include your trip to Home Depot to get the parts and the variety store to get a block of ice.

Attachments

• F7U94L0G9628EFN.LARGE.jpg
    F7U94L0G9628EFN.LARGE.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 23

Silverback07

Adventurer
True... but in my last Big Bend trip it was a 4 hour round trip to get gas or ice (Gualle 2 @ BBRSP). Its hot down here.

JCDriller

Adventurer
You guys are over thinking this (lol). You could probably make this in less than an hour ... which would include your trip to Home Depot to get the parts and the variety store to get a block of ice.

Hahaha, how long do you think that would work on 90+ degrees and humidity?

PCO6

Adventurer
I have no idea if it works at all! Those who make them say they do but ... it's pretty hard to tell the temperature on YouTube. Ha Ha.

JKChad

Observer
Unfortunately, here in the south, these aren't very effective. Plus, they're making an already humid space even more humid. I'll take the extra complications of using a regular ac unit to gain the reduced humidity and cooled air.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan