AC wiring on Northstar 650?

fishjump

Seeing all the modifications on this board got me started my own upgrades to our TC 650.

I ordered the AC trim kit from Northstar, and an AC unit from HD, which both have arrived. My paperwork tells me my TC650 is pre-wired for the AC unit, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it's located?

Paul

brian90744

American Trekker
Look under the table stand, see if you see a white 110 v cable going to the rear of the camper. under the rear seat remove 4 screws, lift wood, and you will find a 110 v outlet. this is were you plug in the A/C. you will have to cut out a hole for the plug/cable to fit thru. You should have a square rear window, for the A/C to fit.

Seeing all the modifications on this board got me started my own upgrades to our TC 650.

I ordered the AC trim kit from Northstar, and an AC unit from HD, which both have arrived. My paperwork tells me my TC650 is pre-wired for the AC unit, but I can't seem to find it. Anyone know where it's located?

Paul

Attachments

• Ac 1.jpg
    Ac 1.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 15
  • ac inside.jpg
    ac inside.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 13
  • ac2.jpg
    ac2.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

fishjump

Brian:

The kit from Northstar included a 2 page handwritten drawing, and I have the same exact AC unit that you have. It looks pretty simple, but I think I will need a 2nd pair of hands to hold the unit in place while I attach the exterior molding.

fishjump

Brian:

I just noticed that my Northstar trim kit did not include the aluminum angle brackets (shown in their 1st step), that attach to the AC unit. Did yours come from Northstar, or are they aftermarket pieces?

brian90744

American Trekker
I have those parts, will send PM. What are the diametion (size) is you A/C ? Mine was 1" to long had to cut window outlet.
brian

Brian:

I just noticed that my Northstar trim kit did not include the aluminum angle brackets (shown in their 1st step), that attach to the AC unit. Did yours come from Northstar, or are they aftermarket pieces?

Last edited:

brian90744

American Trekker
Paul .
check out the instructions=

Attachments

• Page 1 AC instruction.jpg
    Page 1 AC instruction.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 15
  • page2 ac.jpg
    page2 ac.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 16