Aev snorkel issues???

mattyhfd

soo my parents got me the aev snorkel with pre filter for christmas this year!!! :wings::wings::wings: i was just curious how everyone liked it! any issues, things i should doo(ther then submerge my headlights) when i get it. thanks guys

korisu56

Adventurer
I loved my TJ one so much that one will be going on my CJ when I fuel inject it.

9/10 problems I've EVER seen with a snorkel have been installation related. Just be thorough on following instructions during the sealing phase. When my buddy's and I installed ours, we RTV'd the hell out of everything. Drain holes, airbox cutout, anywhere hoses connected.

Remember, just cause you install a snorkel doesn't mean she's ready for submarining. There's a heckuva lot of other stuff to water proof depending on what you're driving.

btw: what year/make/model?

This is just my humble opinion. Congrats on the piece of insurance. It was definitely one of my favorite mods.

XXXpedition

Explorer
i think it works well and looks good...
New.jpg

don't forget to seal the holes in the air box - otherwise it won't do it's job ;-)

ben2go

Adventurer
How does one seal the holes in the airbox?

In custom apps I have used polyester resin or epoxy and fiberglass.If the area is completely flat,I used a piece of sheet metal a little bigger than the hole,seal it with rtv/silicone,and rivet the sheet metal cover in place.

Cedo Nulli

Observer
The AEV instructions are pretty straight forward. Hardest part is overcoming the fact you have to take a 3" hole saw to the hood twice, and then make a cut.

Silcon, RTV, etc can be used to seal the factory JK airbox with the snorkel attached. There are really only three holes at the bottom of the stock airbox that need sealed, and then around where the snorkel attaches to the airbox.

m(a)ce

Adventurer
if you're hitting deeper water crossings- also raise your breathers just to play it safe.

not sure if you're auto or manual but I raised all 4 on my auto:

•one on each axle for the diff
•one on the transfercase
•one on the transmission

here's a link to a write up on JKO that I used.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman