Adventurer
0dd9a51749d60bb3693814f41b3362d2.jpg
7d29025af36f647b2dd091a9fa36b557.jpg
4c97b80fa8364bd42af0f9db3d5b673a.jpg
3d30cd50f8b27092f6bffe3be5c08d9a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grogie

Like to Camp
The Basecamp looks great in those pictures above. (Thanks!) I currently tow a box trailer with an RTT on top of it behind a two-door Jeep. I can take it about anywhere, but… we live in the midwest and there are few places to take that kind of a trailer.

The wife and I have talked about eventually moving to a travel trailer, and frankly I'd go to say a 23' or 26' Airstream, figuring that would be our first and last travel trailer. But with this Basecamp, it sure would be easy to tow and park for quick, short trips, being that we still work full-time, have plenty to other things to worry about, and that we are far from retiring. Plus it would probably hold it's value well, not to mention its style and quality until we did buy a larger Airstream. (Just dreaming!)

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
410 lb tongue weight - would be an issue for towing behind a lot of small rigs... seems like it can't be changed since the axle is so far back...

Haf-E

Expedition Leader
Aren't Jeep Wrangler JK 2 doors only rated for 2000 lb trailer weight and 200 pound tongue weight?

The JKU (4 door) are rated for 3500 lb trailer and 350 lb tongue - so that wouldn't work for the Airstream Base Camp either...

jscusmcvet

Explorer
Agreed. Even though not too heavy this is really a trailer for a full size tow rig, IMO... due to that tongue weight

John E Davies

Adventurer
The wife and I have talked about eventually moving to a travel trailer, and frankly I'd go to say a 23' or 26' Airstream, figuring that would be our first and last travel trailer.
If you haven't already, check out the Olivers. They are better than an Airstream, no doubt about it. The question is if you can live with the compact dimensions and high cost. They are designed and built to be passed on to your kids and their kids.

John Davies
Spokane WA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taunger