Almost a Toyota Owner...

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
It's official...

...I'm now a Toyota owner. :victory:

Drove the Tundra home today and got it introduced to it's new pack mate.

102_3088a.jpg

They seemed to hit it off well.

While I was at the dealership they asked if I was interested in a used cap they had back in the parts department. It was an A.R.E. fiberglass unit and was a couple of shades darker than the truck but I got it for only $200. I'll get it painted to match and mount my Yakima racks to it and it'll be good to go.

Cackalak Han

Explorer
Nice! Score on the shell, too! I also like the front license plate. :D You now need a TRD windshield banner on the Jeep.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
Haggis said:
Drove the Tundra home today and got it introduced to it's new pack mate. They seemed to hit it off well.

Dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

nuke.jpg

jim65wagon

"That's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world."

They go well together. I think, instead of matching the cap to the truck; match it to the top on the Jeep, paint the flares black, black rims and Dean tires. They'll be a set that way. Bonus: When you're in a crowded mall parking lot you won't have to think "Did I drive the Jeep or the truck?"; you'll just look for the black and silver color scheme! Easy-Peasy:victory:

I just hope the rift you've opened up doesn't tear through Virginia...I'd wind up with a black Jeep in the driveway and a dog sleeping underneath it!

Whew! I'm going to have to have a woodchuck with supper....I'm feeling a little hysterical....

"Use the i-Force, Mark!"

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
"That's good. You have taken your first step into a larger world.

But I was happy in my little backwoods realm.

They go well together. I think, instead of matching the cap to the truck; match it to the top on the Jeep, paint the flares black, black rims and Dean tires. They'll be a set that way. Bonus: When you're in a crowded mall parking lot you won't have to think "Did I drive the Jeep or the truck?"; you'll just look for the black and silver color scheme! Easy-Peasy:victory:

You a smart one! I do believe a set of Deans are going on it.

I just hope the rift you've opened up doesn't tear through Virginia...I'd wind up with a black Jeep in the driveway and a dog sleeping underneath it!
Yeah, it'd be bad to have another rig to play with. I see a better chance of the Jeep happening than a dog in your household.

Whew! I'm going to have to have a woodchuck with supper....I'm feeling a little hysterical....

Well it's good to see the ridgerunner hasn't washed off with that suburbia influence. Fricasseed woodchuck....Yummmm.

"Use the i-Force, Mark!"

"Feel the power of the Dark Side! Use your Anger, young Jedi!"

This truck need's retrained. It wants to run 70 mph no matter if it's on the interstate or a secondary road. I've got to lighten up my gassin' foot or I'm going to get a ticket. We did lay down a nice smokin' patch in front of Lou's house tonight.

P.S. Allison thinks that color matching vehicles are very "en vouge". Whose gonna argue with a fashion conscious teenage girl?

Last edited:

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Well I've run into a snag with the Tundra. Because of how the rear seats tilt forward towards the front instead of tilting to the back wall of the cab, it's causing a major dilemma. I can't slide my shotgun under the rear seat! The seat hinges are in the front and there isn't enough room to slide the truck gun in there. This will take some thought to rectify.

On the plus side I've ran the first tank of gas through it and averaged a little over 18 mpg. Thats 5 mpg better than the Ram. Since the Tundra and the Ram both have the same sized tank, my range just inceased over 100 miles per tank. :victory:

Last edited:

mtnbike28

Expedition Leader
missed it

darn, I waited all day yesterday to see your post and I missed it somehow. Congrats and cool on the cap! BUT the no truck gun is a major problem.. dare I say deal killer? I will come by and take that off your hands to help solve it. Hell 18mpg is what I am getting : (

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
darn, I waited all day yesterday to see your post and I missed it somehow. Congrats and cool on the cap! BUT the no truck gun is a major problem.. dare I say deal killer? I will come by and take that off your hands to help solve it. Hell 18mpg is what I am getting : (

Jay, come down and get this heap off my hands. It's just to uppity for a hick like me. Just leave your truck and that fancy new trailer in it's place (and lots of cash).

Well so far today I've made an appointment to get it Line-Xed on Monday and I dropped the cap off at my buddies paint shop and he's going to lay some matching color on as soon as he can. Probably get it back within a week. He's got a Dodge Demon to get sprayed before he gets to the cap.

Last edited:

grahamfitter

Expedition Leader
Well I've run into a snag with the Tundra. Because of how the rear seats tilt forward towards the front instead of tilting to the back wall of the cab, it's causing a major dilemma. I can't slide my shotgun under the rear seat! The seat hinges are in the front and there isn't enough room to slide the truck gun in there. This will take some thought to rectify.

On the plus side I've ran the first tank of gas thriugh it and averaged a little over 18 mpg. Thats 5 mpg better than the Ram. Since the Tundra and the Ram both have the same sized tank, my range just inceased over 100 miles per tank. :victory:

Nice truck. :)

"Truck gun" had me off my seat in hysterics. My inlaws are all from Pittsburgh area and have been known to look for such a weapon in my car with the sole purpose of shooting Boston taxis.

Seat risers, maybe?

Cheers,
Graham

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Congrats on the new Tundra - sweet cabin by the way :ylsmoke:!

Now.....let's start cutting :)!

Thank You - and thank you on the cabin.

There's not going to be to much cutting. I leaning towards around a 2 to 2 1/2" lift in front and an 1 1/2" add a leaf in the rear. The plan is to have it all done by the end of this month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12