Amazing DIY Truck camper interior by Total Composites customer

Darwin

Explorer
I would like to hear more about the ERV ventilator and if it is actually worth it in a truck camper.

workerdrone

Part time fulltimer
Some very nice / techy touches, I watched the whole thing actually but never got why

They chose an F150 instead of something a little beefier, seems they just designed the whole thing to be within the F150 payload. Which is fine I guess lol, just thinking for that expense and for two people and a dog living FT I'd for sure want >20 gallons water

Mentioned heated floors but not how it's done or why they added that too in addition to the mini split?

But bravo, really nice job

Trail Talk

I would like to hear more about the ERV ventilator and if it is actually worth it in a truck camper.

I looked at the manuals for their model of Lunos ego HRV (heat recovery ventilation) and cannot consider for our use due to it’s limit on operating temps of -15C to 40C. We need this solution for winter camping mostly.

Ozarker

Pontoon Admiral
Nice solar panel setup! Surprised the didn't go with an F 250 but maybe the price difference helped with the camper costs.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
I looked at the manuals for their model of Lunos ego HRV (heat recovery ventilation) and cannot consider for our use due to it’s limit on operating temps of -15C to 40C. We need this solution for winter camping mostly.

I used ours in -10c . No idea how it would work in lower temps. I would guess that the ceramic core may clog with ice? These are mostly used in high efficiency passive houses all over Canada. I would imagine that low temperatures shouldn't matter.

Reactions: Ark

Trail Talk

Great idea! I sent a note off to the manufacturer and, if they come back with something interesting, I'll start a dedicated thread.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12