Amber/White Light choice

Bravo30

I’m adding a pair of Baja Design LP9 pro’s and a single onx6 20” bar to my truck and I’m trying to figure out which should be amber and which should be white.

We live in Pa so not much need for range so my thoughts were to have the LP9’s amber and then have the onx6 in white to light up the back roads or a small field etc. (the red bar below is where the onx6 will be mounted) or would I be better of with white LP9’s and an amber onx6 bar?

7A74F18C-4592-4B50-AC61-4DD9B5B7F2F1.jpeg

C500765F-32E3-4A8A-AC1E-CF327EE23EBC.jpeg45AB7920-346B-48DB-8885-9A2061126688.jpeg

EB0A039D-37CE-4C40-B420-8BE37D86A9EA.jpeg

Betarocker

Adventurer
I had a pair of amber combo LP6 and a pair of white combo LP9, both Pro, until they were stolen off my truck. Insurance recompensed so I bought them again. Somehow I was shipped both in amber, which I'm glad. The LP9 clear was too harsh in any condition other than really dry. The amber is a much more useable colour in all conditions. If you get the LP9 Pro Combo, and wire like I did (need to search for my wiring diagram in its own thread), you won't need the bar; they are seriously bright. Also invest in anti-theft hardware, and think about alarming them.

Bravo30

I
I had a pair of amber combo LP6 and a pair of white combo LP9, both Pro, until they were stolen off my truck. Insurance recompensed so I bought them again. Somehow I was shipped both in amber, which I'm glad. The LP9 clear was too harsh in any condition other than really dry. The amber is a much more useable colour in all conditions. If you get the LP9 Pro Combo, and wire like I did (need to search for my wiring diagram in its own thread), you won't need the bar; they are seriously bright. Also invest in anti-theft hardware, and think about alarming them.

are the LP9’s (amber) diffused or do they have hot spots? I have a pair of spotlights on my van and they’re never properly aimed when I need them unless I’m on perfectly level ground.

GBGCR4x4

I

are the LP9’s (amber) diffused or do they have hot spots? I have a pair of spotlights on my van and they’re never properly aimed when I need them unless I’m on perfectly level ground.
Similar problem I have to you. I have two amber pods from Cali Raised LED, but they've never aimed properly. I have two white pods at the back of my rack, slightly aiming downwards, flood, and they are great whenever I'm in a very dark road, place, area and I need to reverse and see my camera correctly. Seriously helpful.

Betarocker

Adventurer
You can get two lens versions, spot and combo, regardless of colour. The spot are just that, 6 degree spread and easily cast useable light 1000m ahead. The combo lens has the lower 3 bulbs (LED chips) with vertical diffusers to cast a wider pattern, and the upper 6 chips are spot pattern. The spot version are overkill for the regular use; really only for 160km/h across Baja or Mojave.

They require aiming, but all I did was make sure they were parallel to each other and also to the headlights. Then I just played around with up and down positioning until I was happy. Since I have the two pairs, I have my LP9s right around level, maybe a bit up and aimed straight ahead. My LP6s are aimed a degree or so out (wider) and down a degree or so. The IPT offer really good near peripheral illumination without prioritizing field of focus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior