Last edited:

teotwaki

Excelsior!
Equipment to roll on the dam's rails

Satellite antenna for transmitting data for water level monitoring

Last edited:

taco2go

Explorer
Those are some beautiful pictures. Nice the shots of the road across the dam. What's the elevation of some of those alpine lakes?

teotwaki

Excelsior!
taco2go said:
Those are some beautiful pictures. Nice the shots of the road across the dam. What's the elevation of some of those alpine lakes?

Roughly 4500 to 6000 feet

paulj

Expedition Leader
How were the bugs?

I was in that area last October. The area around Blue Lake (just west of Washtington Pass) was particularly nice with the alpine larches in full fall color.

paul

teotwaki

Excelsior!
paulj said:
How were the bugs?

I was in that area last October. The area around Blue Lake (just west of Washtington Pass) was particularly nice with the alpine larches in full fall color.

paul

Near Ann Lake the Miskeeters ate me alive, rolled me over for dessert, and came back for leftovers! Even though I had a 30%+ Deet military issue paste on my exposed skin, the bugs just went ahead and bit right through my clothes. My shoulders are looking like they are covered with red cobblestones.

in comparison, Cutthroat Pass was very light with bugs as the only standing water is by the lake and I was pretty far away on the trail.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears