Another off road trailer build

fzsk4p

Adventurer
Like to link over to Pirate 4x4 the trailer I am building.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776034

Like any project. It has it`s fast and slow times as $$ and time permits. But it finally starting to come together and some of the "neat stuff is just around the corner.

Will update on Expo as well as Pirate in the next few days.

Currently combining electrics for the trailer lights with aux. power for the Edgestar, water pump and lighting.

Plus I now have all the parts to create a RTT platform. Which is also on top of the list of things to get done.

Open to ideas, suggestions and criticism. :elkgrin:

'05TJLWBRUBY

Adventurer
Looks like you're making good progress so far. I may have missed it, but what bedliner coating did you use and how is it holding up? I coated my 5x10 little guy that I pull behind my Jeep some 15 years ago now and it's held up so well that I ended up doing my medium sized 14K tandem and will likely do high wear spots on my 30' gooseneck as well. For my current off-road trailer build I had planned on Line-X for the tub, but seeing the prices they want these days, I think maybe I better stick with good ol'e Herc. May not be the prettiest stuff, but it works. That new Raptor stuff gets high praise, but I'm not sure it will hold up to high wear conditions that a trailer like this will see. Just curious what you used and how it's fairing so far.

Best of Luck,

Mike

fzsk4p

Adventurer
Looks like you're making good progress so far. I may have missed it, but what bedliner coating did you use and how is it holding up? I coated my 5x10 little guy that I pull behind my Jeep some 15 years ago now and it's held up so well that I ended up doing my medium sized 14K tandem and will likely do high wear spots on my 30' gooseneck as well. For my current off-road trailer build I had planned on Line-X for the tub, but seeing the prices they want these days, I think maybe I better stick with good ol'e Herc. May not be the prettiest stuff, but it works. That new Raptor stuff gets high praise, but I'm not sure it will hold up to high wear conditions that a trailer like this will see. Just curious what you used and how it's fairing so far.

Best of Luck,

Mike

Thanks for the kind words Mike,
The Jeep was done with Speedliner and has held up great. The trailer has Line-X on it. Hopefully it works as well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior