Any other Rodeo/Passport owners?

I am really pleased with mine for the most part and it is long paid for. I wish it was just a little longer and a little taller. My biggest complaint is that I cannot keep front tires from cupping. No matter how OCD I am about alignment, tire pressure, and rotating, the tires cup. I don't expect tires to last forever, but I wish it was even wear. Once a tire starts to cup it is an accelerating wear problem. Even so, I can keep this vehicle going for some time to come. Anyone else have tire wear/cupping issues?

Maddmatt

Explorer
I had a '97 that was pretty easy on tires over the 90k or miles I owned it. Have you cranked up your torsion bars? I'm no tire expert, but in my limited experience it doesn't take much of an alignment/suspension issue to create problems. When I had my Rodeo it was pretty common for guys to give the front torsion bars a couple turns to get an inch or so of lift, if they were a little "off" I could see that causing a problem.
Just a guess.
-Matt

I have not raised the torsion bars, although I had thought about it. Right now I am running the 31" BFG AT's, but the problem has occurred with every tire I've had on the vehicle from the Goodyears that it came new with it through a couple of sets of Michelin Light Truck tires to the BFG AT's now. I have plenty of body clearance for the 31's without any lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior