Anyone extended the transmission or transfer case beathers a Tacoma? (First gen/auto)

Clawhammer

Adventurer
I've been meaning to extend my differential breather for a while and thought I should do the transmission and transfer case breathers too. The problem is, I can't get to the breathers on the transmission or transfer case. At least not from the bottom, can't even see them from the underside actually.

I see pics online of guys accessing them from the shifter boot, but that's only manuals and I have the automatic trans. I haven't torn the console apart because.... well, I don't really want to. I will if I have to, but I'm wondering if it's really necessary to even do considering how much higher they are compared to the rear end. Thoughts?

If anyone has pics of this mod on an automatic, is there anyway you could share some pics?

Taco04

Toyota Junkie!
You can get to the t-case breather from the bottom its located on the drivers side right behind the shift linkage and it's on top hiding behind some wires. Pic below shows it and where its located. I am not sure about the transmission it's on top somewhere up there.... They are both fairly high up but it probably would not hurt to relocate them if you plan on doing some big water crossings. Hope this helps some....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dgollman