Anyone gutted an e-e350 mobile concepts showroom van?

seagulldiaries

Has anyone on here gutted one of these mobile concepts showroom vehicles? im wondering if they have an aluminum frame inside like the erv's and ambulances. Im pretty sure they're the same body as a born free. If anyone has done a build out on one theyve gutted first id be interested in seeing photos

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240121_131356_Chrome~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20240121_131356_Chrome~2.jpg
    268 KB · Views: 22

NatersXJ6

Explorer
I haven’t, but putting a metal detector against the wall might tell you a lot.

Also, if you have access to a FLIR / other thermal camera, putting a heat source inside and taking pictures on a cold night could also be very informative.

seagulldiaries

i have neither of those things. .... may be a bit weird to do that when viewing something too ha ha. i just saw a few folk on here who had bought one of these to covert,but they never carried on with the threads into their conversions

Catastrophy

I have a 2003 Mobile Concepts van. I havent gutted it but from the work I have done removing panels all I have seen is 2x2 framing.

Rioneshoba

Has anyone on here gutted one of these mobile concepts showroom vehicles? im wondering if they have an aluminum frame inside like the erv's and ambulances. Im pretty sure they're the same body as a born free. If anyone has done a build out on one theyve gutted first id be interested in seeing photos
doing one right now.. will send photos this after noon.. trying to figure out how to work the heat / ac that is over the cab
it is all 2x2 with some steel u channel in the top what year did you get? ours is a 2002
I have a 2003 Mobile Concepts van. I havent gutted it but from the work I have done removing panels all I have seen is 2x2 framing.
i have a 2002 that i have completely gutted and in process of redoing.. do you have any info on how the aux heat/ cool unit works that is over the cab... Thanks

Catastrophy

3130294277858009619.jpg 4260991350546214367.jpg I havent messed with the aux unit. It still works on mine but I dont use it.Need to have the van running for it to work. I installed a mini split to use at electric camp sites.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior