Anyone have intel on the 240GD for sale in PDX?

Mad Matt

Adventurer
I'm looking for a new rig and being a Portland native temporarily transplanted to the east coast I always keep an eye on whats for sale in Portland since its a mecca for awesome oddball rides. Anyone know anything about the 240GD that Luxe Autohaus has for sale? I've owned diesel 123-Series cars in the past, so I'm guessing that a 240 G-Wagon would be an uber dog, but its a manual, so I'm intrigued with the possibilities. Thanks in advance!

Joe

Observer
Hi,

I owned such a car, but only for ~3/4 year. Mine was extremely rusty, therefore I bought another one completely disassembled and restored it. So I only have photos, where the green one is partially visible.
2010_G_037.JPG

The pics show, that the car has been modified: The fenders are not original! The complete car looks as if it has been painted, so that MAY cover lots of rust. Be aware the 460'S didn't had the plastic inlays for the fenders - they can be used from the 461's which will help a lot to protect the area around the tail-lights.

What's good are the two rear doors, nice to have!
I don't know the prices in the US so I cannot comment on that. Full story about my project here and there you may spot on some pics parts of the green 460.

Who's interest in the project have a look here: http://www.gertenbach.info/e_big_foot_54.htm

zimm

Expedition Leader
nice job.

i always like the euro restoration threads. all the garages look like bomb shelters or circa 1400 stables. picturesque in gearhead sort of way.

mwyoung

I live in the area and went to the dealer to have a look. A lot of rust along the body welds and corners. Apparently the clutch master cylinder also needs to be replaced/rebuilt. Who knows what else it might need. I've seen this truck around Portland for a couple of years, always parked, never driving.

mk216v

Der Chef der Fahrzeuge
Tim from Luxe always has a G here or there. I believe this one is on consignment as just before it went up on Luxe, it was on CL.

otiswesty

Regular guy
Sold ... lucky for you

The owner bought it 10 years ago without knowing much about Gwagens, overpaid by quite a bit. At that time it was a typical bare bones ex military truck definitely not worth the $20k he paid. I had a beautiful 300 GD LWB that he crapped when he saw it in my carport at the time he was giving me an estimate. The 240 has been for sale for a while and has a marginal paint job, rust, low power and on and on. Not to say that it wouldn't be worth buying if it was priced low enough. I put it's value at 5-7K on a good day. $3k and a sawzall would make it a really fun truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior