Anyone have success using quality OEM-style internal TPMS sensors with aftermarket Chinese TPMS monitoring displays?

cobo

I have a Unimog U500 with Hutchinson beadlocks and two spares where I would like to attach higher-quality long-battery-life TPMS sensors internally to the beadlocking cylinders. I'm wondering if it is possible, maybe with a sensor programming tool to allow these sensors to work with any of the wide variety of TPMS sensor / display kits for trucks / trailers that can display 6 or more sensors at a time. Most of these kits come with external Schrader valve sensors that have very short (1 year) replaceable battery life and are of questionable quality (e.g. do they tolerate prolonged submersion?). I've tried asking the sensor display vendors on ebay and amazon, but I haven't been able to find anyone knowledgeable.

Here is an example of the type of sensor I would like to use:

And here are some of the possible displays:

I had thought that all of the 315MHz/433MHz TPMS sensors were cross-compatible, other than their IDs, but I am not sure if these aftermarket display products are using standardized technology in their own sensors.

Superduty

Adventurer
Following. I am also interested in this. I have looked with no success for some system where you could use the sensors you describe then a receiver that would bluetooth it over to a phone or tablet. I have a feeling the schrader cap versions use a different frequency.

cobo

Following. I am also interested in this. I have looked with no success for some system where you could use the sensors you describe then a receiver that would bluetooth it over to a phone or tablet. I have a feeling the schrader cap versions use a different frequency.
I didn't want to complicate my story, but ultimately I also want to have a TPMS receiver that is USB or CAN to link into a multifunction display screen I am developing. I think I have found solutions for that that will work. At least initially I also wanted a dedicated display too. That is part of the reason why I want to use the more standard sensors, because the USB / CAN devices use those.

camshaft700

Not sure if anyone is still following this thread.
I purchased a Autel tpms programmer and clone tool. And at present it can not detect a ID from the Chinese tpms system. This is a internal sensor type system from AliExpress.
I’m a bit confused because the tool asks for make model before scanning. So it must have 1000 different configurations to select.
As my intention was to scan the Chinese tpms sensors get the IDs and the program quality OE replacements.

Secondly Bartec makes a small screen that uses OE sensors programmed to ford products.
As well schrader makes a kit as well, but very limited options. And almost looks like a Chinese tpms system head unit.

Schrader International SCHRFK4S TPMS Retrofit Kit​

Bartec WRTLD100​

1stDeuce

Explorer
Man, I was hoping someone had some idea what might work too... I am presently using a couple different aftermarket setups with external screw on sensors. I have found battery life to be well in excess of one year... More like three years or so, but I have one sensor that seems to ingest a bit of water, and that runs the battery down quickly. I keep thinking I'll spring for an aftermarket unit with internal sensors sooner or later, since they are available but the external sensor units are much cheaper and actually work pretty well for me.

You would think that by now someone would have developed a simple display that reads some form of OE sensor and gives pressure with programmable warnings...

And why do all the aftermarket ones have temperature?? It's absolutely useless to know the temperature of the valve stem, other than to get some idea of the ambient temp at startup perhaps...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman