Anyone know of removeable truck topper systems

cjdavis618

Looking to find something like a GFC, Lone Peak, or something that is easily removable from the truck. I have a 3/4 ton truck that I use for work and play and most of the wedge type tent systems with toppers seem to be "fitted" at the dealers and manufacturers. That doesn't work for me if I want to tow a 5th wheel camper or gooseneck trailer.

I just want a topper that has the built in sleeping platform that I can pull off when not using it like I could with a RTT. Plus, I want to keep the interior somewhat open for random cargo when needed as well.

Are there any of these that do this?

I really don't want them bolted through the bed rails or anything. Just would like clamps to remove and lift off with gantry crane, etc. I know that Alu-cab is out of the running already.

Thanks in advance!

MotoDave

Explorer
Actually most of the 'shell with a tent' type camper I've seen mount to the truck bed pretty much like a fiberglass cap, either with a big c-clamp or a bracket that picks up on the factory tie down rails. They shouldn't be any harder to remove than a fiberglass shell (which is still a pain in the ass, in my experience)

Go Fast Campers:
gfc-bed-access.jpg

gfc-billetMount.jpg

AT Overland (see silver clamps along bed rail)
lighter

ThePartyWagon

AT doesn't use clamps, that photo is out of the ordinary. They're usually bolted down with 3-4 bolts per side. Most folks don't take the time to remove them.

llamalander

I just got a Topo Topper and they worked with me to just clamp it to the existing rails.
Part of the mounting is making sure the gaskets seal and keep things dry, which can require some extra material in some parts and possibly additional sealing/caulking when it is re-mounted.
If that isn't a high priority, most of the toppers weigh under 400lbs and basically leave the bed empty, so you have lots of choices.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears