Anyone own this 270 degree awning sold on eBay?

1Louder

Explorer
That looks like the one that I have. I bought a homemade off-road trailer recently and there was a 270 that came with it. Ill just go ahead and tell you my thoughts.

Save your money for a better one.

The aluminum supports that hold the canvas up are too thin walled. The first time I actually was able to use the awning, wind caught it during setup and bent the mounting bolt for the wings, and the supports themselves. I just finished straightening them out today to use the trailer this weekend. The legs that come with do extend, but I always seem to have them extended to their limits, which never feels safe. I'm honestly considering taking it off the trailer, and installing an ARB with side walls.

I can get a full picture of it setup this afternoon if someone wants to see it.

Aaron thanks for the feedback. I know the Foxwings are great. I have a number of friends that own them. Just trying to save a few bucks.

Thanks,
Chris

JCTex

Observer
I have a Manta from EZ Awn 270 and really, really like it. I put it on the DS of my 4-dr JK. I bought it over other bats because the rafters are so much stronger and more efficient. With no or a little wind, I don't even lower the poles and stake it down for short stops. It give instant rain or sun cover almost instantly. Packing is easy and gets faster with practice. I'm improving mine by sewing a triangle on each of the rear corners. This makes my galley at the back of the Jeep more covered. While I have the awning pieces re,over from the poles, I'm also going to sew zippers along the outer perimeter in case I want to add walls or netting. Material they use is tough, light, and easy to handle (sew).

When the Manta is set out, it limits access to my RTT to the PS only. That works with my situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman