ARB Bumper '12-'14 Tacoma (3423140) Question

I know that the intended install includes trimming the top piece of the factory bumper for better fitment/look. Has anyone installed the ARB bumper without cutting the OEM bumper (left that space between new bumper and grille empty/open)? Just curious what it looks like or if it would be out of the question to skip this step. Thanks.

ebg18t

Adventurer
The Gen4 4Runner is the same. I installed my ARB without cutting my stock bumper. The next day I went and cut the stock bumper and installed the piece to fill the gap. The gap was just too much without the filler piece.

Chandlerdoom

Observer
Can you fit a 05-11 bumper on 12+? Would really like the old style arb that sits closer to the body, and would rather not cut my bumper up

mouse007

Explorer
Chandlerdoom

Yes with a bit of adjusting and trimming you can run the 2005-2011 bull bar on the 2012-2014 Tacoma.
The only problem, is the grill on the 2012-2014 Taco's sticks out farther, so that's where you'll have a problem.
Choice is cut the OE Bumper an run the 2012-2014 or cut/modify the grill to run the 2005-2011 bull bar.
I did a lot of homework on this, ultimately ended up with the 2012-2014 on my 2014 Taco.

csacowboy58

will this bumper fit the 05-11 trucks, if so is there a gap, ant down side to using it (asking bc i found a used one for less than half the price of a new one)
i know the should bolt right up i am specifically referring to fitment and spacing gaps anything of that nature

Adventurous

Explorer
Yep! You can check out the link to my build in my signature. Right now I'm running sans cut bumper. I would have to agree that the gap is larger than I'd like and cutting it would result in a much cleaner look for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman