Armorlite EXP-1

sn_85

Observer
These things have been in development for like 4 years and it costs like $65K USD. I'm not sure if they've made or released a true production camper to date. Pretty much everything I've seen on them has been prototypes. I wouldn't even consider them until they actually have many more production units on the ground.

SootyCamper

They've made multiple exp1 and exp2. I've seen both at BC Overland rally in 2022 and again this year in 2023.

Exp2 is the bare bones mid size truck back country rig designed for modularity. It's simple and hose out cleanable. VERY light weight.

The units are built better than anything I've seen on the market, true thermal bridge free (no aluminum framed windows and doors.... Cough.. cough.. tern.. cough). Designed for Canadian climate.

Armorlite's main business is industrial (that's where I know them from, NDT testing) and yes they do lack flashy marketing, but you can reach out through their website or visit them at the Alberta Overland expo this weekend.

They make their own panels in house, aswell as the windows(frp frame),doors, and hatches.

Last edited:

Jonnyo

Observer
They've made multiple exp1 and exp2. I've seen both at BC Overland rally in 2022 and again this year in 2023.

Exp2 is the bare bones mid size truck back country rig designed for modularity. It's simple and hose out cleanable. VERY light weight.

The units are built better than anything I've seen on the market, true thermal bridge free (no aluminum framed windows and doors.... Cough.. cough.. tern.. cough). Designed for Canadian climate.

Armorlite's main business is industrial (that's where I know them from, NDT testing) and yes they do lack flashy marketing, but you can reach out through their website or visit them at the Alberta Overland expo this weekend.

They make their own panels in house, aswell as the windows(frp frame),doors, and hatches.

the extrusion are aluminum and go from outside to inside so there is termal bridging at every screw you see inside...about every 9 inches. i m not sure if this is ''best in the industrie'' but it s a design used by CPT in kelowna that make the same boxes for medical treatement units. You can by direct from then for a box like this for about 10 500$ and it come as a flatpack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior