assistance needed - 87 110

Dolomiti

Adventurer
I recently imported a 3 door former MOD 110 and am planning to do a significant amount of work.

I am planning to go ahead and replace the suspension with OME springs and shocks. I eventually plan to add a dormobile kit to the 110, so I think I might need some rear springs which can handle the extra weight. Through ARB AU, I put together the following...

STEEL BULL BAR & WINCH - 300 KGS LOAD

Recommended for vehicles with steel bull bar and carrying loads of 300kg to GVM. Optimum performance will be achieved with loads of 300kg to 500kg. Front lift: 30mm, rear lift: 40mm.

Coil Springs (Front) (2767 x 1 pair)
Coil Springs (Rear) (2755 x 1 pair)
Nitrocharger Sport Shock (Front) (60037 x 2)
Nitrocharger Sport Shock (Rear) (60039 x 2)
Steering Damper (OMESD32 x 1)
Castor Correction Kit (CALR2 - SUITS 44 x 1)

I have pulled all the relevant part numbers for the bushings that I'll need for the steering/sway-bars/suspension, but I am thinking about going with Energy Suspension poly bushings. Unfortunately, I cannot find any cross references for the sizes that I'll need. Has anyone else gone this route?

So far I've emailed Rovers North (no answer), Rocky-Road Outfitters (no answer), VDO Vision (you'll have to figure out what you need on your own), and Energy Suspension Parts (contradictory info, then a rude, no we don't support any Land Rovers).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tacr2man

Adventurer
How much of a lift are you planning , as you dont need a castor correction kit unless you are ? If you are going to Dormobile (camper) it , stability wise your better of staying at about +1" . just a suggestion , but you know what floats your boat :smiley_drive:

Dolomiti

Adventurer
I'd love to keep it at about 1" or less. It is running stock rear springs but the PO put a different spring up front to lift the front a tad. I just cut and pasted what ARB recommended re: castor correction. If I don't need it, I'd rather skip it. I know OME raised my Montero about 1-1.5". Perhaps the same on the 110?

How much of a lift are you planning , as you dont need a castor correction kit unless you are ? If you are going to Dormobile (camper) it , stability wise your better of staying at about +1" . just a suggestion , but you know what floats your boat :smiley_drive:

unseenone

Explorer
Why don't you contact british4x4outfitters in San Antonio, they do tons of that stuff down there, and it's close.

evilfij

Explorer
An ex MOD already has heavy duty springs. My advice would be to build it and then see if you need to upgrade them more.

frans

Adventurer
An ex MOD already has heavy duty springs. My advice would be to build it and then see if you need to upgrade them more.

That is some very very good advice. I only wish I had gotten advice like that BEFORE I started my conversion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman