AT fluid flushed, screen changed, now AT light on, won't upshift..

PA_JERO

Adventurer
Move the dust shield around until it no longer scrapes and makes noise. No procedure or science to it really. If it was overfilled that would definitely cause a shifting issue. Let us know the road test results.

JohnnyBfromPeoria

I'm Getting Around To It
If that dust cover is anything like the one on my '95, I can say without reservation that it'll bug the ******** out of you with the noises it'll make. I took out my driveshaft and removed it without issue (years ago). I could never get things to line back up correctly and get it to stay that way and it was always either scraping or clanging around.

John B.

After looking it over some more, the dust cover doesn't appear to be bent or misaligned. I've tried moving it around manually in hopes that it may just be slightly off but I can't move it. Looks like there is a bracket that may need removing to get to/remove the dust cover. Should I disconnect the driveshaft? This seem necessary? I'm doing a few other projects on 'er right now as well but this is what is ultimately keeping it driveway bound. The scraping is pretty damn loud..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12