AT trailer hubs

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Quick question for you guys.

I currently have an AT trailer I bought last year. When I bought the trailer it came with rims that have jeep lug pattern. I would like to convert it from jeep lug pattern (5lug) to Toyota lug pattern 9 6 lug) so I can use the same spare as my 80 series landcruiser.

Is this possible?

any resources or info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

highlandercj-7

Explorer
6 on 5.5" is the standard 6 lug trailer hub and it can be had most any where. If your toy's pattern is the standard 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern that Toy-Nissan-GM-Jeep used forever you should be good to go. The LX-450 in your sig is 6 on 5.5"

Martyn

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
A hub swap to 6 on 5.5 is the answer. A few considerations:

1) Don't use the standard hubs buy US made Dexter hubs
2) Don't use the standard bearings and races switch them out for US made Timken's
3) Check your back spacing, combined tire and wheel. You have 7" between the hub surface and the chassis, you need 3/4" to 1" of clearance between the inside of the tire and the chassis. If you don't have that you need adapters.
4) You are running 12mm studs on your vehicle, these can be pressed into the hubs or adapters so you can match the trailer to the vehicle
5) If you don't ant to do this work yourself we can quote it out for you. Send an e mail to lauren at adventuretrailers dot com we will need all the details on backspacing to price this out.

SFROMAN

Adventurer
Martyn,

Sir, thanks for the response. This is exactly the info I was looking for. I did some quick research and figured out that all that is required was a hub change. The points you mentioned are exactly the extra info I was looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12