ATF PISTOL BRACE RULE AND SBR AMNESTY

jbtradingco

I listened to one of the live ATF webinar trainings. I'm sure each one covered different Q&A questions but i bet of overlap of the most common type of questions.
Just to correct a couple of wrong items mentioned above.

1. Buffer tube does NOT have to be smooth, 6 position type tube is legal, per the ATF.
2. As long as you submit your form 1 application within the 120 days you don't have to have approval to be legal. you must have a copy of the form submitted and that keeps you legal until you get an approval/disapproval. I would keep a copy with the "sbr" just like any NFA item in storage, travel or range.

NoDak

I listened to one of the live ATF webinar trainings. I'm sure each one covered different Q&A questions but i bet of overlap of the most common type of questions.
Just to correct a couple of wrong items mentioned above.

1. Buffer tube does NOT have to be smooth, 6 position type tube is legal, per the ATF.
2. As long as you submit your form 1 application within the 120 days you don't have to have approval to be legal. you must have a copy of the form submitted and that keeps you legal until you get an approval/disapproval. I would keep a copy with the "sbr" just like any NFA item in storage, travel or range.

I'd be very careful about taking their word on anything. Anyone remember last year when the ATF was knocking on peoples doors looking for illegal suppressors after folks had filed Form 1's?

shays4me

Willing Wanderer
A case of an out of control ATF- this whole thing attacks law abiding citizens.
It's being weaponized along with that other alphabet agency that I won't mention. If I had one of those brace devices, I'd just throw it away and be done with it. If you want to deal with the hassle/risk of having a registered weapon just pay the two hundred bucks when you're ready. It's not like you're saving a bunch by being forced into a decision now. Besides that, if you live in a state like mine chances are they'll be illegal soon anyway and you'd have your name on the list of owners. I'm paranoid though. Lived a while and seen some things go down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online