Atomic Axles

JohnC

Observer
We started bringing them in last year. We don't have them on our website yet because most of our customers buy them as soon as we get them.

I've been trying to work on a better price but I would have to fill up a large container.

Normally we have a shipment coming in every two months from the UK.

BN,
what size and model tire where you looking for? I'll see what I can do.

The BN Guy

Expedition Leader
Around a 33 or so tire. JT2's would be cool.

Naw man those are MUCH nicer than the Xterrains!

Last edited:

JohnC

Observer
I'll check with my supplier. I know he had smaller sizes but we didn't order any 'cause we thought folks here in the US would want larger sizes. I'll get back to you with prices.

PhulesAU

Explorer
I thought you/Ya'll were talking about the ones on the display axle. then I saw the set on the rig. I've only found one place that imports, it's outta Florida and you have to buy a container load. I wanted a set BAD till that issue came up. 34x10" wide sounded perfect to me.

http://www.tirexusa.com/simex/simex.html

Last edited:

haven

Expedition Leader
Atomic Axles are available now as bolt-in kits for Jeep JK and TJ. An axle kit for the Toyota FJ Cruiser is in development.

http://www.atomicaxles.com/index.php

The current Xtreme 4x4 TV project JK uses an Atomic Axle set. To help counter people's suspicions that the inner CV units might not be strong enough, the folks on the TV show said the CV units are the same as used by Porsche for the 930 turbo, and by racing buggies with V8 engines. A megabuck Baja 1000 race team wouldn't use a driveline component with questionable durability.

The advantage of the Atomic Axle approach is that you gain the same ground clearance under the differential with the Atomic Axles on 37 inch tires as you would using the Dana 60 with 42 inch tires. The cost is about the same as a new Dana 60 set.

Atomic Axles appeared at SEMA last year, but I don't see them listed this year.

Viggen

Just here...
I was thinking: "Man, thats a cool idea. Enclosed CV axles for clearance. Cool alternative to portal axles." Then, I was like: "Holy ISH look at the angle of the front driveshaft! This is a stupid idea! Why would you choose this over portals?"
main.php

main.php

OTR

Adventurer
Overall it's a pretty simple design. Think of an independent rear suspension (corvette) that is all enclosed and with a fixed geometry and you have the Atomic Axle design. It looks like they were smart to have the top portion of the enclosed axles removable to service the axle shaft much easier.

01tundra

Explorer
Either needs to be in a buggy specifically built around them or a street rig with about 12" of lift.........or a VW with a rear engine :D.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deleman