Attachment Question

h301ff

I have a '07 taco prerunner, and of course it has that god awful composite bed set up. How are you guys attaching things (like toolboxes, light bars etc) to the bed rails. I made a light bar and attached it to the plastic caps on the rails, i dont know how good that will hold up.

i used j bolts to attach my tool box. hooked the j bolts in the rail that the tie down point slide in. 4 total j bolts. has held firm so far on and off road. i aslo plan on using the stock tie downs as a base for a rack. so not so much attaching to the bed as i am to the tie down system.

also, those palstic bed rail caps are just that. probably not the strongest mounting point. my $.02. good luck

jake

Switch

Observer
I have a '07 taco prerunner, and of course it has that god awful composite bed set up. How are you guys attaching things (like toolboxes, light bars etc) to the bed rails. I made a light bar and attached it to the plastic caps on the rails, i dont know how good that will hold up.

The bed material chips easily when you drill. Always drill from the side you want the lease chipping. Dill slowly to prevent melting and chipping. Also use masking tape to minimize chiping.

i cant remember if it was here or on ttora that i saw a similar bar maounted to the factory tie down cleats instead of the bed rails. in the factory tie downs there are 2 holes that it looks like you could get a 1/4" botl threw and essentially mount the same bar to the tie downs and then to the bed. also makong it easily removable. you may have to do some searchign but i have seen this style bar mounted to the cleats.once again, my $.02.

jake

JJackson

Explorer
i cant remember if it was here or on ttora that i saw a similar bar maounted to the factory tie down cleats instead of the bed rails. in the factory tie downs there are 2 holes that it looks like you could get a 1/4" botl threw and essentially mount the same bar to the tie downs and then to the bed. also makong it easily removable. you may have to do some searchign but i have seen this style bar mounted to the cleats.once again, my $.02.

jake

Seen a similar one (or the same one) in person last month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior