ATTN Suzuki Samurai guys.... Need some dimensions

stomperxj

Explorer
Hi Zuk guys - I need some dimensions of Samurai leaf springs. I am planning on using some OME replacement springs for a Sammy on my next trailer build and need the eye to eye dimension and the overall height of the spring so I can put them into my solid model. None of the local yards have a sammy in stock right now. Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen one locally in the yards...

qu32135_800.jpg

I appreciate the help-

Jess

stomperxj

Explorer
OME or OEM? Just an idea, but if you plan to use OME as you state, have you tried contacting ARB USA for the dimensions you need?

OME springs.... I haven't contacted ARB directly. I talked with someone at Sierra Expeditions about the springs and figured out which ones I need but the dimensions are still a mystery....

*edit* I just emailed ARB and got an autoreply that they are busy and a reply from them "may be delayed"....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 13060

Are you using front or rear springs? They are different lengths......

D

Deleted member 13060

Found a frame dimension chart with all the specs for straightening a Sami frame on a rack.

Dimensions are from center to center of the mounting holes on the frame.

Front = 35.5 inches
Rear = 38.4 inches

I'll try and measure my spare (stock) springs for eye to eye this eve....

I only have spare rear springs which are 38.5" center to center sitting on the floor, no load....

YMMV RON

Last edited by a moderator:

stomperxj

Explorer
Found a frame dimension chart with all the specs for straightening a Sami frame on a rack.

Dimensions are from center to center of the mounting holes on the frame.

Front = 35.5 inches
Rear = 38.4 inches

I'll try and measure my spare (stock) springs for eye to eye this eve....

I only have spare rear springs which are 38.5" center to center sitting on the floor, no load....

YMMV RON

Thanks Ron I appreciate the help....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12