ATV battery tenders

gkieser92

I know this is a forum for motorcycles, but I'm assuming there is carryover with motorcycle and ATV batteries. I recently just got my first quad, and since it will go weeks or months between uses I want to keep the battery charged up. What is a good ATV battery tender? Is it possible to jump an ATV off of a vehicle or a NOCO car jump pack?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

Kevin108

Explorer
These days, I would use something like this solar panel from Renogy. It depends on what the situation is like for your garage/storage area as to whether getting the panel in good sun is more or less trouble than plugging something in. The advantage is, this is portable and can go with you on your rides to keep things topped off any time. I would wire in something like this weatherproof 12v port on the ATV for a quick and easy connection of the solar panel.

And yes, you can jump the ATV like you would anything else.

deserteagle56

Adventurer
I think I own about 7 of these (I have a lot of different vehicles):

Since I started using them I've essentially doubled the life I'm getting out of batteries, especially on my dirt bike and Yamaha Kodiak. Battery stays fully charged all the time but never overcharged. I put these on the battery and run the lead out to where it is convenient. They take the place of the alligator clips so you don't have to try to access the battery each time you hook up or unhook the maintainer. Walmart has these in their battery section for a fraction of the price in this ad: https://www.northerntool.com/produc...r-trickle-charger-15-amp-model-rta-2415-44103

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior