AZ State Parks - OHV Newsletter - April

The April newsletter was published last week. Do you get it? If not, signup here.

Why should you sign up for yet another newsletter? Well, this is the best tool I have for reaching out to people interested in trails here in Arizona. I publish it personally, so the content is all about OHV recreation and what my program is doing to make it better. Arizona State Parks funds trail development on USFS, BLM, and State Trust lands...the places we all use to do our thing. My program is focused on protecting OHV access, creating new trails, educating the public, and fixing some of the places damaged by OHV recreation. We have the dollars to make things happen via RTP trail money and a % of the OHV decal sales. You are the only thing missing and I need your input to do good work.

This month we have a dual sport Trail Talk on 4/20 that will visit 7 Springs and Bloody Basin, perhaps up to Crown King as well. One of the guys on ADV Rider set it up for me! Trail Talks are my way to get your input while we get out and enjoy some of the great trails around the state. Would you like to help me set up an overland specific Trail Talk, perhaps camping out for the weekend? I could use the help, shoot me an email to get involved.

My OHV Ambassadors will be at the Overland Expo again this year. Stop by the booth to learn about what we are doing!

Thanks,
Jeff Prince
OHV Program Coordinator
Arizona State Parks
jprince@azstateparks.gov

May's newsletter has been published. This month's Trail Talk will be a multi-day campout to inspect some of the areas around Redington Pass in Tucson, AZ. You will get the latest newsletter upon signing up.

Sadly, I have had few folks from the overland community sign up, show up, or otherwise participate. If you are concerned about long distance trail connectivity between agency lands, you might want to get involved. I'm the only .gov guy with the money and mission to make these things happen. Most agency folks are only concerned with the land inside their borders.

Scott Brady

Founder
We greatly appreciate all of the good work you do. I hope to get more involved next spring, once the big trip is over.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears