AZLOST Fun in the Sun Run 2008

phxtoad

Adventurer
AZLOST is the Arizona Liberty Club from of the LOST forum http://lostkjs.com. We held our 3rd annual 'Fun in the Sun Run' on 1/19-1/21 in the Cottonwood/Jerome/Sedona area. Several of us are ExPo members.

A great weekend! We were based out of Deadhorse State Park in Cottonwood. If you haven't stayed there, plan on it!

For the runs we had 15 KJ's, 2 Grand Cherokees, 1 H3 and 1 FJ, and 2 Rubicons for a total of 21 Rigs. The stocker run had 12 rigs, and the moderate run 9. A fantastic sunny day and endless scenery. A great BBQ followed, the poker run finale, and a raffle!

Special thanks to Scott Brady (anyone heard of that guy?) for coming by and contributing to the raffle. Also thanks to Verde Valley 4 Wheelers for recommendations and the Pre-run back in October.

Here's some pics from the stocker run up Mingus Mountain with the 413 cut over to Jerome in the morning. The afternoon had us trying to get over to Palatki Ruins but we arrived as the gates were closing. We then took 525C over to the Pipeline trail instead to wrap up the day.

IMG_0188.jpg

Pre-run on Friday. Mmmm red mud.

IMG_0204.jpg

Mingus road. Beyond are the red rocks of Sedona.

IMG_0208.jpg

Snow and ice at 5,800 feet

IMG_0228.jpg

More horrible scenery. You can see the forest road 413 cut on the opposite hillside.

IMG_0238.jpg

Icicles and old mine shafts.

IMG_0244.jpg

Pit stop.

IMG_0255.jpg

Skip ahead to the afternoon and here's the first hill on Pipeline. It's a steep one down and just as steep up the other side.

IMG_0284.jpg

Group pic. I guess this will do as a backdrop...

IMG_0298.jpg

OMG I just won the winch!!! Congrats DOC!

IMG_0305.jpg

Now that's a fire!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vertical.dan