BajaRack Still in Business in the US?

brentbba

Explorer
Sent an inquiry via their website last week and followed up with an email to sales@bajarack.com this past Tuesday. No response to either inquiry.

They've got a roof rack accessory to mount awnings that wraps around the roof rack tubing for their 5" and 6" racks. Part number is BR-AWNMNT5-0 for the 5" version. Pic below.

BR-AWNMNT6-0.jpg

This is one style they have on their site. I've got an INTI rack and the tube railing is 5" from the top of the top rail to the bottom of the bottom rail, but I can't get an answer from BajaRack as to whether the part no. above will work. No spec on their website or any dealer sites either. If this wraps around the rack rail tubing that's spaced 5" top to bottom it'll work great on the INTI.

The other style for mounting awnings will not work as it's secured above and below the railing. Pic below. There's no room under the bottom of the INTI rack railing for it to work. Seems this is the style I'm seeing on US dealer sites. Part number for this one is similar BR-AWNMNT5. No -0.

awnmnt2.jpg

brentbba

Explorer
None of the dealers carry the first of the two noted awning mounts, just the second. May do that just to see what the spacing of the 5" rack really is and if they can order the particular part I'm after. Just amazed at no response from sales@bajarack.com. When I'd contacted Kaymar a few years ago in Australia, I got a very prompt response.

toyrover

Observer
I just had the same trouble getting the same mounts. After several attempts with customer service and the online question thing, Ended up calling the 1800 number and getting ahold of John Gjata. He got me dialed in. Call and ask for him, and you should be good to go. If no luck, send me a message and I will give you his email. ian

brentbba

Explorer
I just had the same trouble getting the same mounts. After several attempts with customer service and the online question thing, Ended up calling the 1800 number and getting ahold of John Gjata. He got me dialed in. Call and ask for him, and you should be good to go. If no luck, send me a message and I will give you his email. ian

Thanks! - didn't want to Voicemail last week, but back in town and will give the 800 number one more try and if unsuccessful will pm you. Are you using the mounts on a rack other than one from Baja? If so, did you order the 5" or 6" model? If the 5" what's your measurement from bottom of lower rail to top of upper rail? You may have the answer that I can't get from my emails to Baja.

brentbba

Explorer
Called again and immediately got an answer from a very very helpful guy named John. Super nice and had all the info I needed. Looks like they may have all be wrapped up in a website upgrade as their site had a completely new look yesterday.

acg

Adventurer
Yes, you must be referring to John Gjata. I ordered by Baja Rack earlier in the year. No response on my emails. Had good service from Johnonce I was able to get a hold from him via email. He is a super friendly dude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12