Baroud Evasion Question....again

TactilTex

Observer
On the home stretch on the rack for the Evasion.
Problem being I dont have a dimension for how far apart my cross members need to be,or the location of the grooves on the lower shell.
Obviously I'll want to center it on the rack.

Anyone know where I can get the dimensions?

rino

Supporting Sponsor - OK4WD
F96243C3-AAA2-4E28-86EE-BC6E973108A9_zpsgppkxtwj.jpg

The clamp channels run 25 1/4" apart on center and I would recommend two or more cross bars.

TactilTex

Observer
There'll be three cross members.
Looking at the trailer from the side,how far apart do the cross members need to be? Just the outside two,obviously the third one will be centered.
And are the grooves on the lower shell centered end to end? Or do I need to offset my cross members?

TactilTex

Observer
Not sure if these pics are going to work......
If they do.
As you can see I have the side rails,just need to know the distance between the cross members that attach to em.

Repurposing the Padre Island Nat seashore trailer.
It used to hold my Yaks,generator,A/C,25 gallons gas,10 gallons water and the host of crap needed to go offshore on the yaks for a Texas sleigh ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    533.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    526.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1121.jpg
    IMG_1121.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 15

concretejungle

Adventurer
I think you are over engineering this. You have the measurements of the tent, now you have the measurements of the rails... just spread the mounting bars so they evenly distribute the load. That's all. No magical number.

TactilTex

Observer
I dont think you're getting what I was asking.
I needed to know the location of the the track on the lower shell from front to back so I would know where to place my cross members.
In other words I wanted to use as much of the track length as possible to get a wider load dispersion.

It's all good though. The Evasion is now sitting on saw horses in the garage so I was able to get all the needed dimensions.

TactilTex

Observer
Got the stabilizing jacks installed,the rack for the Evasion is awaiting paint,and the telescoping awning brackets are nearing completion.
Pondering the possibilities of closing in the box,maybe some drawers,of course a table.
Got a feeling it'll be a work in progress for a few years.

I considered doing the military trailer build but they are a little small,and this thing has been airborne at sixty going down Padre Island National Seashore with literally a ton of crap in it with no i'll effect.
Hell,the GVWR is 3500 lbs and it could use some more **** welded on it to smooth out the ride.

Attachments

• IMG_1207.jpg
    IMG_1207.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1208.jpg
    IMG_1208.jpg
    543.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1196.jpg
    IMG_1196.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg