Battery Watering Sytems

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
My truck batteries are 2 standard 12 volt wet batteries. Due to the modifications to the vehicle I have to actually remove the batteries to check electrolyte levels - not the ideal solution and it means I check them a lot less than I probably should.

I'm planning on adding in this battery watering system from Battery Watering Technologies:

Was wondering if anyone has done this to an overland vehicle? Plenty of folks in the RV world run it (if they are using golf cart batteries for their house bank, mainly) and I don't imagine there is anything weird to look out for but wanted to consult the experts.

Also want to give a shout out to Powerstride battery - their tech support spent quite a bit of time with me making sure I bought the right kit (it's not a standard application, I had to send them a bunch of photos, measure depth to the plates, etc). They actually didn't even have the product I needed in stock and told me to online order a different one (same price) and that they would ship me the correct one - which they did.

Any advice?

Thanks!

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
It's an expensive option, but I'd just go AGM and be done with it.

I've always thought of AGMs as more appropriate for deep-cycle than starting? Not sure I would want to modify the truck charging system to properly care for an AGM (my house bank is AGMs but I have a second alternator and run it as a completely separate system from the start bank)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12