bed axle shovel mount

mcm4090

Explorer
bed axe shovel mount

I have been carrying a shovel with it tied down to the spare tire with a bungee cord. Not the best way but it worked. Now I got a axe and I would like to mount them both in the bed.
Right now I the spare mounted on the left utili-track, the hi-lift mounted on the right utili-track and a small tool box mounted on the floor under the front utili-track. I could mount them on the front utili-track or on top of the tool box but that might get in the way of opening the box fully. I have also thought about mounting them to the tail gate but don't want the mounts to get in the way when I need to use the bed.
Really I'm not to sure how I want to mount them so if anyone has a axe and shovel mount that like to show me please do. It may give me some ideas.

Mike.

Last edited:

BKCowGod

Automotive ADHD is fun!
I have been carrying a shovel with it tied down to the spare tire with a bungee cord. Not the best way but it worked. Now I got a axle and I would like to mount them both in the bed.
Right now I the spare mounted on the left utili-track, the hi-lift mounted on the right utili-track and a small tool box mounted on the floor under the front utili-track. I could mount them on the front utili-track or on top of the tool box but that might get in the way of opening the box fully. I have also thought about mounting them to the tail gate but don't want the mounts to get in the way when I need to use the bed.
Really I'm not to sure how I want to mount them so if anyone has a axle and shovel mount that like to show me please do. It may give me some ideas.

Mike.

axe
axe1.jpg

axle
AXLE.jpg

If you got an axe, I would use a couple of quickfist clamps. If you got an axle... you're on your own.

Borrego60

Rendezvous Conspiracy
I used a item called a Quick Fist.They come in different sizes. I mounted mine inside the bed on the side by the wheel well.

Attachments

• DSC02028.JPG
    DSC02028.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 147
Last edited:

SD_Nissmo

Observer
Quick Fist + 1

I also use the medium size quick fist. I put stainless harware through the bottom of the quick fist with a fender type washer and slid it into the passenger side utilitrak. The medium size quick fist is large enough to hold both the shovel and axe. At work, I'll post a pic later.

Attachments

• IMG_65413.jpg
    IMG_65413.jpg
    182.2 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:

Peck

Observer
How big is the tool box, really though, how deep is the tool box?

Quick Fists attached to the front of the toolbox would work, assuming there is room. That's where mine will go...eventually.

jcbrandon

Explorer
Here's how I carry my shovel and pulaski (a close cousin of an axe) in the bed of my full-size truck. Both are mounted with Quickfist clamps. The second photo shows how I protect against casual thieves.

At the bottom of this page, just above the Quick Reply box, you'll see another box labeled "Tags" and containing some tags that readers have added to this thread. Click "shovel" and you'll find all sorts of discussion that might be helpful.

Last edited:

mcm4090

Explorer
How big is the tool box, really though, how deep is the tool box?

Quick Fists attached to the front of the toolbox would work, assuming there is room. That's where mine will go...eventually.

it's a small trailer tool box from Harbor Freight.

P1050093.jpg

I could mount them on top.

Peck

Observer
That looks like it will ********** into the rear window.

Do you have an overall picture of the bed...take form the tailgate?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mitch Bears