Best location for led lights

mtbxj87

Adventurer
I have a set of led lights on their way to me. 5" square. I'm leaning towards the cowl. My XJ is desert satin tan and glare off the hood has never been an issue. I have a roof rack and a space on the stock bumper. Maybe behind the grill if they're small enough. Where do you have yours and what do you like about them where they are?

I know you mean well but seriously, why kind of response can one realistically expect from a question like that? I can think of only one purpose for lights......

Rippin'AV

Adventurer
I have 4" square LED lights and they are bright! I have them on my bumper and couldn't imagine them up by the cowl or on the rack. It would glare and blind you I bet. Even down low on the bumper I get a lot of flashing from on-coming cars and they are pointed pretty low on purpose. The bright white lights are just very powerful so be careful where you mount them.

Oh, and I think what Antichrist meant was we're the lights going to be for driving, fog, off-road, trails, night racing, etc...

mtbxj87

Adventurer
Thanks! I have decided to put them on the bumper. After seeing how I would have blind spots on the rack or cowl. I put the headlights on relays so they are brighter but not enough, so these lights would be for driving, or any other activity at night.

screwball48

Explorer
The Detours USA bumper brow light bar is very nice. I have one sitting here waiting for me to paint and install it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12