BFGoodrich KO3 coming soon!

UglyViking

Recently I met with some BFG guys and they gave me the scoop and showed me pictures of the tires that are not available on the interweb. These tires have been tested for several years now under some of the harshest of real-world conditions. If I remember correctly, the release of the full line of KO3s will take place during the first quarter of 2024.

That should work for me since my KO2s have around 35k on them and still look very good. I would prefer to install new tires before the snow falls up north so I may be forced to spend next winter in Florida, Texas, or Mexico.
I know this post is close to a year old but I've been looking at my next tire as my Falken AT3Ws are wearing a bit odd and getting louder, not much tread left so overall mostly happy with them. I've been eyeing a step up to the "39s" in the KO2 and that lead me to see the KO3, which appears to be better in every single way.

Last I heard posts by discount tire on a few forums seemed to indicate the later part of 2024, wonder if the timeline shifted or they were given incorrect info. I also would be surprised if they offered 39s out of the gate in the KO3, but here is hoping.

DRAX

I know this post is close to a year old but I've been looking at my next tire as my Falken AT3Ws are wearing a bit odd and getting louder, not much tread left so overall mostly happy with them. I've been eyeing a step up to the "39s" in the KO2 and that lead me to see the KO3, which appears to be better in every single way.

Last I heard posts by discount tire on a few forums seemed to indicate the later part of 2024, wonder if the timeline shifted or they were given incorrect info. I also would be surprised if they offered 39s out of the gate in the KO3, but here is hoping.

If you liked the A/T3W (I loved mine as well) then look at the A/T4W that just came out, lots of nice improvements over the A/T3W, IMO.

UglyViking

If you liked the A/T3W (I loved mine as well) then look at the A/T4W that just came out, lots of nice improvements over the A/T3W, IMO.
I did see those, and overall they seem like nothing but improvements. That said, They sadly don't offer a 38-39" and I was hoping to get a bit of a larger tire. BFG is the only brand that offers a 39" AT as it stands, hence why I'm holding out for their KO3. Now, I've seen that the BFGs are smaller than 39", as all are, but they are even smaller than normal. That said, I think they measure a hair over 38", where as as the Falken 37s measure about 36.5 or a hair smaller.

ramblinChet

I don't remember if I posted an update or not but I recently found out that although the initial KO3s were released as OEM tires last summer, BF Goodrich and GMC, had a one year agreement that KO3s would be exclusive to the GMC line for that period. With that being said, my guess is the KO3s will be released this summer but that is too late for me.

The KO2s have been solid performers for me so I am planning on purchasing another set of them in the next month or two.

UglyViking

I don't remember if I posted an update or not but I recently found out that although the initial KO3s were released as OEM tires last summer, BF Goodrich and GMC, had a one year agreement that KO3s would be exclusive to the GMC line for that period. With that being said, my guess is the KO3s will be released this summer but that is too late for me.

The KO2s have been solid performers for me so I am planning on purchasing another set of them in the next month or two.
I've had KO2s in the past and so long as they are sized correctly for the vehicle I've been mostly pleased with them. That said, I think there is much new tire tech available today, and you can see the evolution of some of that with the KO3s. I like the tighter spacing of the center lugs in the KO3 design and feel it would make a better snow tire than the current KO2. That said, I'm really after the size (mostly for aesthetic reasons if I'm honest) so we will see if they release the KO3 in the full suite of tires or if the 39s come later or even at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online