bilstein 5100's

OTR

Adventurer
I have them on my 07 Tundra. I replaced factory TRD's with them and am very happy. I have them set on the highest setting and the ride is 3x better than the factory shocks. I have thought about replacing the rears, but with the added weight on/in the bed the ride is pretty even. For the price you can't go wrong. Are they as good as the OME set-up? No, but at a 1/3 of the cost it's pretty good.

Crikeymike

Adventurer
OTR said:
I have them on my 07 Tundra. I replaced factory TRD's with them and am very happy. I have them set on the highest setting and the ride is 3x better than the factory shocks. I have thought about replacing the rears, but with the added weight on/in the bed the ride is pretty even. For the price you can't go wrong. Are they as good as the OME set-up? No, but at a 1/3 of the cost it's pretty good.

So you just replaced the front struts, not the rear shocks?

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
I've got the ones that Sonoran Steel sells for the 4Runners and Taco's not sure how different if any these are than the over the counter models. I like them and are far better than the Tokico Tundra shocks I was using on the 4Runner.

Aaron

slooowr6

Explorer
I've 5100 on both front and rear. The front is set at 0.75" lift. They ride very nicely with stock coils and leafs. On a heavy truck like mine it could use a little more damping.

OTR

Adventurer
Crikeymike said:
So you just replaced the front struts, not the rear shocks?
Yes. I didn't know what the difference would be. It is more than I thought which is good. If I didn't have the extra weight on the bed (cap and gear) I would have ordered rear replacements on my initial test drive with fronts. I didn't lift the rear so I don't need a longer shock. If I was to raise the rear whith sprinds, I would then replace the rear with longer shocks so I wouldn't decrease wheel travel.

Switch

Observer
h301ff said:
Anyone have the 5100 adjustable shocks, if so how do you like them?

I did 5100's when did rear lift. I never gave them another thought, which is how suspension upgrades ought to be.

I used the 5100's for about a month which included some moderate offroading in central Oregon.

You definitely get your moneys worth out of them. I only switched because I got a fantastic deal on a set of Camburg 2.5 that I could not pass up.

If your on a tight budget go for it. That said if you can afford OME or Coilovers go that route.

Switch

Observer
h301ff said:
Anyone have the 5100 adjustable shocks, if so how do you like them?

I did 5100's rear shocks with Alcan AAL + TSB rear leaf spring pack. Netted about 2.5 lift and still handles weight pretty well. No vibration issues. I extended the break lines too.

When you hold factory shock in one hand and 5100 in the other you'll know this mod was the right thing to do.

HoosierTacoma08

Had my 5100's since march (fronts only) and they have been great! Big improvement over stock. I set them at the 3rd 1.75 setting to level my truck with the TSB 4 leaf pack courtesy of Toyota. ;)

Jared

cid 96

Observer
5100s

I have had my Bilsteins for about 18 months but just 10K miles. I just recently put a set of Slee slider and a full set of Budbuilt skids on so I am looking for a little more lift. I have the rear TSB springs and the front set at the 3rd setting (1.85" I think).

I have just ordered the 1/4" Toytec top plate and the Alcan 3 lear AALs. My plan is to raise the Bilsteins to the 2.5" in the front and install the Toytec top plate and throw the AAL in the rear. I will post up some pics when I am done.

Sid

wholesalestunna

I put the 5100's on my FJ on the third setting to level it and love them. I'll be taking them off soon to upgrade to the OME suspension though. Downsouth Motorsports on eBay is where I bought mine for like $176.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior