Blizzard Box fridge

mmp3823

Observer
Not sure if anyone else has seen or has experience with this fridge. It is currently on sale at Costco for a good price. I figure that with Costco's return policy I would pick one up and see how well it works.

Blizzard Box

mmp3823

Observer
Well figured that I would give an update on the Blizzard box. We bought it when it was on sale at the beginning of November. First I plugged it in at the house and compared the temperature gauge with 2 kitchen thermometers. See the picture below. I had 1 thermometer probe at one end of the fridge and one on the other end. They usually all stayed within 2 degrees of each other. One of thermometer says 39 212. 212 was a preset setting so just pay attention to the left hand numbers.
Cooler temp.jpg

The next week we took it out camping. It was nice not to have to worry about getting ice. The fridge worked well and kept it's temperature pretty good. The temperatures were colder, 50 F during the day and low 40s at night, and so it was not a true test of it's capability. I find that I really like the lid. It can hinge open from either side or taken completely off.

We then used it as an overflow fridge for Thanksgiving which was great and again had no issue with the fridge keeping temperature. So for the price I think that it is a great buy. I have not used any other brand of portable fridge and so I can't really compare it to others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12