BOLOs for stolen motorcycles? (this one has been recovered)

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Update: the bike was recovered and a reward paid. Also found this interesting item to help with theft recovery: a system related to the Spot devices that people use to stay in touch during remote journeys. I just found Information about this item

(end of update)

A person sharing info about his recent Baja trip on Baja Nomad forum reported his motorcycle was stolen while he was visiting San Felipe Baja a few days ago, fortunately (?) at end of trip, while heading north. At least he had some fun during the trip... and apparently this type of theft has become a common occurrence in that area.

I have suggested that he post a notice here, asking people who might be riding/travelling in that area to be on lookout for his bike. "The bike is a 2009 KTM 690 and I will try and post a pic later." (there are now photos at the Nomad forum)

Is this a reasonable request? Has it been done before with any results?

And is there any small, concealable lo-jack type of device that could be placed on motos to help recover them, or assist lost/injured riders?

My first motorized vehicle was a Honda 90, so while I haven't ridden a bike for years, I have fond memories of exploring places with that little 90 and hate to anyone's motorcycle stolen.

For details on his trip/theft, visit: http://forums.bajanomad.com/viewthread.php?tid=71871

thank you for any suggestions/ideas on this, esp if you have direct experience that could help prevent similar losses.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12