Bolt on Our Flippac Question. Help.

PLaBarge

Hi,

My husband and I are big fans for Expedition Portal (as well as Adventure Trailers for recommending the site in the first place) as it helped us find and purchase our used Flippac this spring and we LOVE IT. Been using it all season here in Colorado and its perfect for us! So I thought this would be a good place to post a question we have.

We recently installed a Road Shower on the side of the Flippac. However, we committed a major faux-pas when we realized AFTER installation that we are now blocking the bolt where the arm attaches to open and close the Flippac (see photo). Sigh. I know. We were stupid. :Wow1:

My question: there is a black donut type ring that has an alan (sp) wrench portal in it on the top. We are wondering if we loosen and take off the black donut, if we can tap the bar so it pops out on the other side so we have free-and-clear access? Then re-install that black donut ring on the other side? Does this make sense? We just don't want to do anything to cause the flippac to come loose and end up flying off on I-70.

Patty
PLaBarge@Hotmail.com
Golden, CO

Attachments

• BoltOnFlippac.JPG
    BoltOnFlippac.JPG
    101.7 KB · Views: 20

elcoyote

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0004
It is not possible to open the Flippac using the spline on the passenger side because it is held captive in the lower hinge. To make it possible to open on the passenger side would require removal of the top and swapping the the upper and lower hinge positions. This is no small task and we would would not recommend undertaking it without an overhead hoist, a couple of people on hand and a day or two to do it.

You don't HAVE to use the lift arm at exactly parallel. You can start it from an angle that will still clear the shower all the way through the movement. It will be harder to get started but not impossible.

sixbennetts

Adventurer
Correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you just unlatch the top and place the handle on the torsion bar almost straight up, then just pull down forwards? The handle only has to travel less than 180°, right?

billy bee

Adventurer
Could you also modify the splined handle so that it has a c-shaped curve in it? Then, you could put the handle on, crank the lid open, and the curve in the handle would clear the shower.

Bill

SouthWest Roamer

I think if we could see a larger picture with the opening bar on, some more ideas could be contributed. Some details on the shower setup would be great to!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smudge12