Border Film Project

articulate

Expedition Leader

In addition to the land use issue of the borderlands, this is associated with human rights and art. So I think it's fascinating.

To sum up: Three students bought a bulk of disposible cameras, and distributed them among a group of Minutemen (everyone knows about them?), and also among groups of migrants in Mexico. They offered small incentives for both groups to shoot all the film and anonymously mail the cameras to a PO box in New York. They now have something more than a photography art project, and I'm not sure what to call it. It's more than awareness. It's just cool.

You have to see the photos. What do they say to you?

Several months ago, I read an article in the paper about the three students who started this project. After reading what they did, I had to check out the gallery at their website.

An exhibition is coming to Scottsdale, Arizona in September and I intend on going.

:coffee:

Last edited:

seth_js

Explorer
articulate said:

In addition to the land use issue of the borderlands, this is associated with human rights and art. So I think it's fascinating.

To sum up: Three students bought a bulk of disposible cameras, and distributed them among a group of Minutemen (everyone knows about them?), and also among groups of migrants in Mexico. They offered small incentives for both groups to shoot all the film and anonymously mail the cameras to a PO box in New York. They now have something more than a photography art project, and I'm not sure what to call it. It's more than awareness. It's just cool.

You have to see the photos. What do they say to you?

Several months ago, I read an article in the paper about the three students who started this project. After reading what they did, I had to check out the gallery at their website.

An exhibition is coming to Scottsdale, Arizona in September and I intend on going.

:coffee:

I will be in Belize September 1-11, and Havasu Falls September 21-24. If it's here on a day I'm in town, count me in. Well, that is, if you don't mind me tagging along. :p

seth_js

Explorer
September 16, 2006 Scottsdale Museum of Contemporary Arts
Scottsdale, Arizona

Sweet! And it's right around the corner from my house.

Ursidae69

Expedition Leader
Wow, that was actually quite interesting. Thanks for posting that. I'm jealous that the migrants saw a coral snake and got pictures of it, I've never seen one in the wild! I'm going to send this around.

DesertRose

Safari Chick & Supporting Sponsor
We can't access the page as of 4:30 pm on the 21st - we get the cPanel login for Bluehost.com. Since I use cPanel to manage a bunch of websites, maybe my machine is confusing it because of the cPanel cookies I have - but anyway, could someone let us know if you can access it, what platform and browser you're using, and when? Thanks! (I HOPE it's not a Mac issue - how lame that any modern website is not coded to all popular browsers!)

LexusAllTerrain

Expedition Leader
I just open web site and it works, sorry I can not help with the information you need since I do not know what browser is???!!!

articulate

Expedition Leader
I plead not guilty, sir.

Yes, as of drunk o'clock sometime btween frid and saturday I can't git nuttin but bluehost too.

We mighta shuttem down???

sorry if I sound like a **************. Blame my buddy andy - i had the pesos, he picked out the drink. 3 bottles to go..............

pangaea

Adventurer
Sounds like a really interesting project. I hope that the show makes it out to CO, I would love to see the full set of pics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior