Bought a (new to us) Pathfinder

ExpoScout

Explorer
I know its probably of little consequence to most of you guys, but we signed the papers on a 2004 Pathfinder SE today.

I had posted a thread a while back asking for opinions on a 2005 Pathfinder vs. a 2005 Xterra. At the time I was looking at them for myself and had plans to transform it into an overlander. BUT as you guys know, things happen, life gets in the way, etc. So I finished (well got it road-worthy anyway) my scout II traveler and have been driving it throughout the summer, and have plans for it to become MY project vehicle. Of course its old, though reliable, and I will likely get something more up-to-date for myself to mess around with in the future and its likely it will be a frontier or an xterra or something similar.

But for now, the fiancee needed a vehicle, and I just happened to stumble onto (what I think was) a good deal. Neither of us had anything reliable, so it was really out of necessity that I bought it.

With that being said, its gonna be hard to keep myself from wanting to mod this thing :bike_rider: Since its technically FOR the fiancee to be her primary mode of transportation, and something for us to travel to visit family with, its likely only going to get some decent tires and maybe some other small upgrades. Nothing that will affect its driveability.

So if you have any suggestions from personal experience feel free to give me your input, but without anymore rambling here it is (just the dealer pics for now):

12725534710.266594990.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

12725534712.266594990.IM1.03.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

12725534713.266594990.IM1.04.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

Sorry, not a super exciting thread, but thought you guys might appreciate it :beer:

Silver dude

Xplorer
Nice find! Those trucks are pretty solid I'm sure you'll like it.:sombrero:

Looks like you got the good peppy VQ series engine.

Though the r50's have a limited aftermarket it doesn't slow down the owners much.

ExpoScout

Explorer
Nice find! Those trucks are pretty solid I'm sure you'll like it.:sombrero:

Looks like you got the good peppy VQ series engine.

Though the r50's have a limited aftermarket it doesn't slow down the owners much.

Yeah, out of morbid curiosity I had to look and see what was around for it...and as I had figured from what Ive read over the years, theres not much.

It appears that OME makes a very mild lift for the r50 though, so maybe the fiancee will decide that she wants a bit more aggressive stance. Im all for it, but I dont want it to sacrifice the nice ride it has now. So we will have to see.

Im extremely pleased with it so far. Ill let you guys know if I do decide anything with a lift.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior

Members online