Bring da heat!!

SOAZ

Tim and Kelsey get lost..
I went riding after work a couple of days ago in the 110 heat. Oddly, it was invigorating! The ride was slow. Every movement in that heat needs to be slow so you don't over heat.
I had a blast. I got into granny gear early and just tractored up hills that I usually only make it up half the time. Something about going so DARN slow worked really well on a lot of the climbs.

If anyone wants to do a "heat" ride to try it out I'm going after work tomorrow and at least once over the weekend.
Bring lots of water, put some sort of electrolyte suppliment in it, and be ready to drink an ice cold water/beer from my fridge afterward.

Who's man or woman enough?

Bring da heat!!

:bike_rider:

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
No thanks. I'll be out on the river this weekend....chasing drunks, or whatever else it is that Game & Fish does out there.....

SOAZ

goodtimes said:
No thanks. I'll be out on the river this weekend....chasing drunks, or whatever else it is that Game & Fish does out there.....

Nice! They taking job applications?

goodtimes

Expedition Poseur
SOAZ said:
Nice! They taking job applications?

I dunno....Marisa's brother got hired on last year, so we're going to go spend the weekend hangin' on the boat with him.

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
I have slowed my pace as well. Thank god we are not at 110f but 95f with 70% humidity still brings the suck!

It helps. Coast down the hills to cool off and take it easy up the hills so as not to over exert. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be when I started bike commuting a a little over a month ago. The smog is noticeable though when its up. :rolleyes:

SOAZ

Grim Reaper said:
I have slowed my pace as well. Thank god we are not at 110f but 95f with 70% humidity still brings the suck!

It helps. Coast down the hills to cool off and take it easy up the hills so as not to over exert. Not nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be when I started bike commuting a a little over a month ago. The smog is noticeable though when its up. :rolleyes:

Humidity. OUCH!
I'd even dare to say you have it rougher. It was so dry when I was riding that I didn't even sweat for the first half hour.

I rode this morning and it was a nice and cool 80. Grrrrreat!

SOAZ

Grim Reaper

Expedition Leader
SOAZ said:
Humidity. OUCH!
I'd even dare to say you have it rougher. It was so dry when I was riding that I didn't even sweat for the first half hour.

I rode this morning and it was a nice and cool 80. Grrrrreat!

Really I thought it would be worse but as long as I am moving the air flow is enough to make it where i can deal and the humidity is not so bad. Its stopping that is horrible. Once you loose air flow its instant sweat. Sucks getting caught at a traffic light on black pavement.

Still in the 60's most mornings. I have one spot that in the morning where it is low and dense where the road crosses a creek....just about need a jacket. The air is real heavy and dense and you can feel and taste it when you take a deep breath starting up the next hill. I love it!
It has been a long time since I was in AZ but when I was there I jumped in a creek that had a natural water slide (slide rock?) cut into the rocks. I was wearing jeans and they were dry in the 20 minute walk back to the car.

Definitely a different heat you guys have out there. 110f sounds painful but 5% humidity makes it easier to deal with.

SOAZ

Absolutely, I think its one of those things you just have to get used to.
Humidity or dry heat, its hot, but one can get used to anything!
Ahhhh Slide rock is good times. Great riding in sedona too!

Grim Reaper said:
Really I thought it would be worse but as long as I am moving the air flow is enough to make it where i can deal and the humidity is not so bad. Its stopping that is horrible. Once you loose air flow its instant sweat. Sucks getting caught at a traffic light on black pavement.

Still in the 60's most mornings. I have one spot that in the morning where it is low and dense where the road crosses a creek....just about need a jacket. The air is real heavy and dense and you can feel and taste it when you take a deep breath starting up the next hill. I love it!
It has been a long time since I was in AZ but when I was there I jumped in a creek that had a natural water slide (slide rock?) cut into the rocks. I was wearing jeans and they were dry in the 20 minute walk back to the car.

Definitely a different heat you guys have out there. 110f sounds painful but 5% humidity makes it easier to deal with.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior