Broken Arrow 2/16/08

datrupr

Expedition Leader
Well, I had no response to my previous post, so since it was just Jacki and I, I decided to change things up a bit and we ran Broken Arrow instead of Greasy Spoon. The trail was in its usual great shape, except for the pack of Pink Jeeps in front of us (there were 6 of them). Afterwards we ran into town and had lunch at the Oak Creek Brewing Company in the charming village of Tlaqupaque. We then strolled through the village a bit and did some shopping. It was a great day and here are a few obligatory pics that I thought I would share. It was a beautiful day to be out and about.

007.jpg

005.jpg

The obligatory rig shot, with a nice FJ in the background:
004-1.jpg

002.jpg

I also have to say that I saw a pretty nice UZJ100 cruising down the 101 on the way home, and I gave a careful look as I was passing it, but wasnot able to see the occupants. As I passed it, it sped up to catch up to me and this time the window was down. Scott, it was good seeing you. We need to hit the trails again soon:D

Mc Taco

American Adventurist
Great pictures! Sorry that I'm not closer to be able to do a trip through there this time of year. What's the temperature range there in the summer months?

azskyrider

Observer
Pretty cool. If I had time I would have been interested in joining you but the day you posted this run it prompted me to do the same trails last week by myself. I ran Greasy spoon, Broken Arrow, checked out some Indian ruins, and finished the night running Table Mesa toward the Gillette Ruins. I then stayed up all night and be-lined it to the four peaks clean up. Sometimes doing it yourself is good for the mind.

http://s252.photobucket.com/albums/hh16/azskyrider/Sedona_Feb09_08/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonaWarrior